Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Happy Easter Weekend

This will be a long, picture laden post! What a great weekend we had with our family this weekend! Drove to Harrisburg on Saturday afternoon and started with a lunch at Dad's house. He and Lynn prepared a nice spread and we all had such a nice time. We ate, shared the new pics of Ruby, watched Ryan open his Easter basket, talked, and then watched Mamma Mia. Great movie, perfect afternoon! They were so thoughtful to think of Ruby. The gift bag below included a Barbie kite, some bubbles, and the most adorable tutu!
Ruby's first Easter presents.
Lynn and I with the cutest tutu ever!

My sweet little nephew! He ran into my arms as soon as he got there! I was feeling a little down on the drive there and he came in and kept hugging and kissing me, saying "I love you, Aunt Jennifer!" It just made my day!

The guys.

The girls. It was such a nice day out, too!

Next we headed to Jeff's parents and then my Mom, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew met the four of us over at Paca's Thai restaurant. So nice to celebrate the birthday of our daughter with everyone. Thank you all so much for being there!

Me and the Hubster at dinner.

Jason and Mom with their infamous Mona Lisa smiles! :-)

Tammey (Jeff's sister) and Dailan (her son).

Ryan being silly in the restaurant. He was so good!

Easter Sunday was also wonderful. Before the activities of the day, Jeff and I shared a special moment alone together in the kitchen. We started the day with a very special prayer. A prayer thanking God for the blessings of Easter, for our beautiful daughter, and for us to be with her very soon. We prayed for our dear friends also adopting that they may too get their children home soon and that we would all have strength and patience at this time.

Our nephew, the budding rock star.

Grandma and Tammey.

After an amazing meal I played my still unfinished CD for them all, including Down in The Valley dedicated to his Grandmother. When Jeff was little he used to call her Grandma Valley because she always sang this song to him and all the grandkids. She really liked it and it was so great to see the look on her face when she heard what song it was! 

Ooops! In looking at these, I realize I didn't get any of my in-laws! I didn't take many at all on Easter cause we were just busy eating and talking and listening to music. I have pics of them from Sat. night's dinner but didn't post cause they are holding Ruby's picture in it. I made everyone in the family choose their favorite picture of her and pose with it. Either looking at it, smiling, or being silly. I am going to make a collage out of it for her Life Book so she see how we all celebrated her birthday and how we all love her already!

Got to see my Mom later that day and made a visit to see my brother David too. We sat and sang songs together for at least an hour. He is so cute. He likes to take center stage and sings louder and louder than you so you can mostly hear him. Cracks me up! He doesn't always remember the words but will make them up and sing them LOUD and clear! LOL! 


Dave & I singing.

Hope you all had a very Happy Easter!


(SPECIAL NOTE!!!! MY MOM CAUGHT SOMETHING ON THE BLOG THAT I MISTYPED ON ONE OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS. ON THE  POST CALLED "MAKING MUSIC" DATED APRIL  8th, I MEANT THAT BEING A WIFE AND MOM WERE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING BUT IT DIDN'T READ THAT WAY...OOPS! I CORRECTED IT NOW. HOPE YOU ALL FIGURED OUT WHAT I MEANT ANYWAY!)

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL weekend! I love seeing all the photos of you and your families! Your nephew is too cute! Love his red hair!

I enjoyed your video of the Dance of 1000 hands, too!!

Happy recording, Jen!! Have a great week!

Sharon said...

Loved reading your post Jen! What a wonderful Easter you had with your family celebrating sweet little Ruby's birthday. I wish everyday you are able to bring her 'home' soon. Don't forget I want a copy of your new c.d!

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Easter. So glad you had a nice holiday with your families. Looking forward to seeing Miss Ruby in those next year!!