Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend in The City


How I love New York! And more importantly, how I love to see my dear friends there! Drove up to the city on Saturday. My friend Tammy lives there and two other friends were in town working the auto show so I went up to see them all. Had a really great time. Tam and I had a nice leisurely dinner and got to catch up, then Christine, Darci, and I went out on the town later. It's so funny, I've been to NY a zillion times, but this weekend I played tourist. We hired a rick-shaw and how this poor skinny guy could bike carrying the 3 of us, I'll never know. We had a ball! Had drinks at the fab Hudson Hotel up on the roof. Cool place but crazy expensive drinks! It also got really loud later in the night and turned into a night club which is SO not my scene. But what the heck, you only live once, right? It was great to hang with my friends and we had a good time.
Darci, myself, and Christine getting a ride through Times Square. 

Sunday proved to be another wonderful day, as I got to meet Rosemary (from Becoming A Family). We met for brunch at Sarabeth's - great place, BTW - and chatted easily for hours! Felt like we already knew each other and it was really such a great afternoon and start to nice new friendship! (Thanks Rosemary!! It was nice to meet Brian and see that cute puppy of yours too!) Among the many things we have in common, we also both have the exact same dog - an American Eskimo. Hers male, mine female.

We had to get a quick shot, of course, to capture the moment!

Central Park East

It was such a pretty day that I decided to walk all the way back to the hotel. I walked from the upper East side (around 96), through the park to the West side and then to Times Square. Good thing I brought a pair of flats! And as I was being a tourist this weekend, I stopped and had someone take my picture amongst the pretty scenery. Hey, why not?

4 comments:

rosemary said...

I had so much fun brunching with you! We have to do it again soon!!

wide open spaces said...

So fun that you guys got to meet! Oh! I'm so jealous, wish I was there!

Jessica said...

So fun. I'm envious too!

Ellie said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! That's too fun, the three of you, beautiful ladies in the rick-shaw!! :) So glad you and Rosemary had a nice time!