Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nice Visit

Sitting outside for the first time this year!

It was so nice out yesterday and perfect for an impromptu visit by the in-laws! Jeff's parents were so excited to see Ruby's video that they drove up from Harrisburg (2 hours) for an overnight. It was a really great visit. Woody couldn't resist picking up a little bubble making kit for his granddaughter and gave it to us. We all can't wait to blow bubbles in the yard with her! 

Evidently the sunshine followed them because it turned out to be a real sunny day. We ate lunch, watched the video, and chatted. Later we took a ride through the country, then shopped a bit. Picked up some incredible olive oil and fig balsamic vinegar at a great little Italian shop. They were getting ready for a birthday party for a group of 10 year olds when we got there. So cute! The birthday girl wanted a cooking-class themed party for her birthday. For some reason this got me all teary eyed. I guess cause there are so many wonderful things we can share with Ruby and I want them to start NOW.  Been feeling very "up" lately with all the pics and updates, but find myself a bit impatient today and sappy now and then. Must go busy myself!

Anyway, back to yesterday... we got our yummy oils and dips, some cheese from the little gourmet shop, and fresh focaccia bread from the bakery then headed home while the sun was still up to feast on all our little delicacies and sip some sauvignon blanc. A very nice evening!
The in-laws headed home today and Jeff resumed working while I resumed thinking. Time to go find another project to dive into! 

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sunshine is good for the soul, isn't it. Happy next project! I've got strawberry plants being shipped. I'm hoping they're a summertime distraction.

Ellie said...

Looks and sounds like a very lovely evening! You know I can relate to your hearing about the little girl's party, and getting all teary eyed! Did I tell you about when I was IN THE DELIVERY ROOM, and got all teary eyed about our wait when the birthing mother mentioned their wait for their daughter to be born? Catches ya off guard, huh?

Well, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Hang in there, and DO busy yourself. It certainly helps the time pass more quickly.

Sending hugs,
e

Megan said...

Sound like a great time was had by all! It is so fun sharing those pictures and videos with others. You have been in my prayers, I keep popping over hoping to see that "it's time to travel" post. I hope you find another project to do. If not, let me know, I have a few extra I could share!!LOL

Hugs~Megan

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Jen-

I've gone back and caught up on your blog. So excited to hear about your 6 minute video of Miss Ruby Pie. How adorable for you to have so much footage of your girl. So glad to hear that she is a girly girl with all the bows and clothes you've bought for her.

I am so glad you've been able to share your photos and video with family. It is so nice to have a support group near while you wait!

Thinking of you!!