Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dreaming in Color



Oh, my little darling! Had such a great dream about her last night! I was at a nice resort or conference or something. Not sure if it was a working trip or not. I remember being preoccupied with whatever meeting I was in or conversation I was having. I was just sooo excited to get back to her. I knew she was waiting. So I guess we took a lunch break and I made a bee-line for the door. I clearly remember this next part of the dream. I came into what seems like a busy lobby or a hotel or possibly a restaurant. Not sure who was babysitting Ruby, but she jumped out of their lap as soon as she saw me and RAN excitedly into my arms, yelling Mommy! Mommy! I just beamed and ran and scooped her up! We both were smiling and so happy and comfortable with each other. She was then wearing a cute red one piece swimsuit and I was wearing a matching red flow-y tank style top and shorts. (Yes, you can laugh at me here cause I even have to be fashionably coordinated in my dreams - LOL!) The last thing I recall is me still holding her cute little self and us heading happily to the pool. Mom and daughter. Happy & together. Good stuff! Is it too late to go back to bed? Oh, and BTW, I did not buy the adorable Kate Mack Patchwork Picnic bathing suit above for Ruby...but the temptation is great!

Never got the referral packet in yesterday. Evidently, Wacap doesn't believe in Fed-X. They sent it 2 day air - urrrrr! Guess times are tough all over and they wanted to save money. I told them next time we would be happy to pay for it so long as my eager little hands get it the next day! :-) Hopefully it will get here today. Good news is, I found out that all we need to do to keep things moving is send back our notarized Child Acceptance Letter  and Kate can scan and email to the social worker. The other forms that have to be signed and sent back are just for Wacap. Had no idea. I said to Kate, well, GEEZ, why didn't you tell me that? I could have sent it on Friday? She was like, oh, I thought I did. In all fairness, I was so excited when she was rambling on about this form and that so I probably only digested half of what she said! I told her this and we both laughed. She is sooo nice and called me from the grocery store on her day off cause I was in a panic that I wouldn't get it before we leave for FL early tomorrow morning. Honestly, I couldn't do her job and deal with emotional, panicked, impatient moms all day long. God bless her! Anyway, we are good to go. Scanning and emailing her the letter today plus Fed-Xing a copy for her to send in her next package to Thailand. Ruby, honey, we are on the way!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

How funny that you dreamt in detail down to the outfits. But, what a happy dream. Have a fabulous time in FL.

Glen and Andrea said...

Oh I remember the dreams I had before meeting Hugo, too! Such a pleasant, lovely time. I'm enjoying your posts so much. How has Jeff been handling it all?

Ellie said...

So sweet, Jen! Won't be long before that dream is your reality!!!

Wyndee said...

It won't be long now. I'm vicariously shopping for you. Oh the bikinis Ruby will be wearing..... ;-)

rosemary said...

Your dream sounds so wonderful! I'm so happy for you and Ruby and all the good times you 2 girls will have together.