Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Today Is the Day!

...we get the official referral packet in! Now I know many of you are itching for details and I promise to share what I can about the process. We have had our child letter of acceptance ready since last JUNE, so all I have to do there is print, sign, and go get notarized today. Then I believe there are a bunch of forms to sign and send. Should be able to get that all done today and Fed-Ex back to Wacap so Kate has it in her hands tomorrow morning. It's funny, but the night Kate emailed saying the referral was coming, I went in and added a few things to the child acceptance letter and changed the date. I dated it ahead and changed it to Friday, May 22nd...the EXACT date we ended up getting it! Is that funny or what?

So anyway, we will send the letter and forms back to Kate. From there, she sends it back to Thailand and we wait for 2 things: the To Whom It May Concern Letter (whatever that is) and our board meeting dates which invite us to travel to Thailand. Usually takes 2-4 months. Home study was updated and has been sent in (as far as I know - will double check today). New fingerprints are scheduled to be taken on June 6th. So we are all set! We are an I-600 family so I think we don't have much else do to till we get to Thailand. Woo-hoo! So exciting to be at this stage finally!

It's kind-of cloudy today so a good day to do paperwork and errands. And I do have a good few errands to take care of. We had a wonderful and fun weekend with friends and family but now it is back to diet, exercise, paperwork, and packing. We leave for FL in 2 days. Also want to work on Ruby's Lifebook/scrapbook. Got her birthday shots with bear that were taken by Wacap to put in there. Plus that happy, smiling referral shot! I may do a whole page just around that happy image! It's AMAZING how lucky we have been with getting pictures of her from families that have been over. I am near done with the SECOND scrapbook already! Oh, I just LOVE to have my little ones history there for her! By the time I get over and take pics of her town, orphanage, care-givers and then shots with us, I'll probably be on my 4th or 5th book! LOL! Hey, you can't take enough pics to document such a momentous occasion! It's our baby! However big she may be getting, she is our baby girl and I want to fill in every detail of her past (and present) for her to have some day! 

Will post more when I get packet and give details of all that comes with it!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Busy Lady!! Have a blast in FL!!!

christina said...

Dear Jen,
I'm sure in all your excitement in celebrating your referral (congrats!!!! Yay!!!) you have forgotten to post your sweet child's picture...I thought I read somewhere that once you get referral you can post? Can you grace your blog with her face yet?
xo

Jessica said...

Love that you picked the right date without even knowing it. Kismet!

rosemary said...

Oh you are doing such a good job on your lifebook(s)! I absolutely hate scrapbooking so that is the one thing I am putting off. Even though I am super excited about the subject matter I dread the chore.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in FL. Everyday you are one day closer to Ruby Kate.