Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Fun & Key Lime Pie


Well, the summer fun continued this weekend. This time it was my family that we entertained and a good time was had by all! My youngest brother Dave has been having a hard time lately and just had his meds readjusted (he is severely autistic). We weren't sure how he'd be, but he was a real trouper and such a sweetie. Boy, how I love that kid.  

Mom and Dave came down on Friday...here they are just hanging out.
Saturday afternoon Jason, Anthony, John (my newest sibling), and Kellie came over. It's incredible how we all get along. We are all really just so comfortable with each other. I mean we are blood relatives, but it seems we are building a nice, easy friendship right now and it's so cool. We all feel the same way and enjoy each other's company.

I was rather prepared for this BBQ (unlike me) and yet still found myself running to the store 2 hours before the party to get this or that. We ate one of my pies Friday night (the whole thing!) so I had to make another for the party. LOL. Still, I managed to get myself home, ready, and got the appetizers out slightly late but no one seemed to care.  I threw the second pie together later and heck, we didn't need it after all. Sent it home with Mom to give my Aunt. It was really a nice time and PERFECT weather. Sunny, but not too hot, and not a drop of rain although they were calling for it. Not until 15 minutes after John & Kellie pulled out of the driveway, did it start raining.  And I mean, POURING! It really couldn't have timed out better. A wonderful day. Here are some pics.

The whole gang.

Kellie and I hanging outside.
Smoking section...Mom, John, and Jason hanging out on the patio.

John and I in the kitchen.
David enjoying his 4th ear of corn on the cobb and gobs of butter.

Now I ask you, is this boy serious about his corn on the cobb or what?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Fun! It's a good thing you have a super long patio table, you're family just keeps growing. Soon Ruby will be at the head of it.

Kam said...

What great family fun! Love all of your pics! And love those of David with his corn! Priceless! So happy you are soaking up this family time! Have a great Monday!