Friday, July 3, 2009

Good News Friday!

Fate is kind enough to always give us the big news - the real good stuff - on a Friday. Just in time to celebrate with friends and family! Going to be a fun weekend as the hubby finally gets home! He's been in FL for business for 2 weeks and I have been both bored and lonely! On Saturday the in-laws are coming for a visit and on Sunday and we might get to see Jeff's wonderful cousins, the Polks. Should be a great time.

So on to the news...
Boy, that social worker of ours is one busy bee these days! She must have just made it her mission to take care of those Wacap cases cause there is good news all over the place! Two friends recently (in addition to the 2 that got referrals) got good news that their case is progressing and now THIS...

Got an email from Kate tonight! Now I haven't the slightest idea why, but we were brought before the board again this week. (Yay!) I thought they only did that once, but I guess it's twice before you go and again, of course, when we get there. Whatever the case, we were approved again and we are just waiting for that letter to get here now! Travel should be shortly thereafter! OMG, it's really happening! I had that feeling all day today. That this is really happening and it's happening NOW. July is gonna fly by and all of sudden we will be on a plane and then by her side. It's incredible. I literally can not get her out of my head. Every single second of the day. No matter what I do or where I am. I just picture her by my side. Right where she is going to be! Possibly NEXT MONTH!

I am so giddy right now, but it's after midnight so there is no one to call! I had to pop on here and write about it. The first thing I did actually was to forward Kate's email to Jeff. He will be up early tomorrow so he'll probably get the news first. Can't wait to talk to him!

Have a happy, happy 4th of July weekend full of sun, fun, fireworks, and love!

11 comments:

Megan said...

What fantastic news, Jen!!!!!!! Yeah!! It has got to be soon now!! Have a GREAT weekend. I use to love that too, it always seemed to come from Kate on a Friday for us too!!

Revel in it, girl!!

Sharon said...

OMG!!! Congratulations, so you think you will be in Thailand next month? You will be with Ruby before you know it! Great news!

Ellie said...

CONGRATULATIONS, sweet Jen! (and Jeff, too! :-) I, too, had a feeling Kate was going to be in contact with you this week!!!! And she's so amazing... She's on vacation, but she still works!!!

So, so, so happy for you!!!!

Sending cyber hugs!!!
ellie

rosemary said...

So excited for you guys!! This is the best news ever! She will even be home so share some of the summer fun. Congratulations!

Chris and Terri said...

When I woke up Chris said Hey Jen and Jeff got good news about a 2nd meeting and possibly traveling next month. I was like YAY - I have to read the blog!!! Congratulations!! You'll be booking that airfare shortly! You better get on those lists!!! :)

Terri

Jessica said...

Wow! Things are really moving now. That's wonderful news! Is your head still spinning? Congratulations.

Kam said...

OMGosh! I've been at my parents' house for a week and am catching up with you...HOLY CATS!!!! Congrats my friend! So the SW at the DSDW for the TRC needs to get her self in gear if we're gonna be in Thailand at the same time! lol! Oh, I'm so happy for you. I'm kinda dying here still...but so glad that Ruby is one step closer to home!
Love and hugs and more love for you this weekend!
Kam

excitedtobeafamily said...

Great news! I can't wait to see your first family picture!

dawn said...

July will be gone before you know it. We are celebrating the 4th over here but hope you have a super star spangled event.
hugs
me

Donna said...

Jennifer and Jeff, OMG and WOW this is great kids..I can hardly control my excitement and my goosebumps have goosements!!!!!!Love you, Mom (gramma Donna)

Kam said...

So maybe that dream you had is gonna be a reality! What do ya say...let's go to Thailand!!! :D