Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One Year, 8 Months

...since we started this journey. That's what the ticker says anyway. I'd sware is was at LEAST 3 years cause that sure is how it's felt at times! Actually, some days it felt a LOT longer! I must say, though, since we got the referral, it's gone really quick. I mean, here it is AUGUST already! If we get board dates soon, we may actually still leave yet this month! Pretty amazing to see how far we have come. Here are some new stats:

1-2 weeks = How long we think it will take to get those travel dates. (Fingers crossed!)
3-8 weeks = Hopefully, this is the longest we will have to wait yet to go get our baby.
3-8 weeks = Time it will take until every dream will come true!
3 weeks = Amount of time we plan on being in Thailand.
4-5 days = Days we hope to be in baby's home town, Nakhon Si Thammarat.
50-60= Number of Thai words I have memorized so far. 
1= Number of full sentences I can say in Thai. Unless you include Sawadee ka, Sabai dee mae ka? Okay, I guess that is two even though more a greeting. It means: Hi, how are you? The other is Paw Kup Mae Rock Luk Mak. Means: Dad and Mom love you very much. Learned that for her build-a-bear and it is now permanently etched into my brain. Wish the rest of it was!
29 = How high I can count in Thai before looking at my cheat sheet. What the heck is after yee sip gao? Oh! Maybe 30 is sam sip? Anyone? (I better go get the chart!)
8,443,236 = Approx. no. of Thai words left to learn! LOL!

Better go study!

NOTE: It is sam-sip for 30! I had forgotten a word above also and just caught it. 29 is actually yee-sip-gao (sometimes said more like kow). Anyway, I obviously have much more to learn!!!

9 comments:

rosemary said...

These are great stats!! You are so close!! I'm thrilled for you guys and Ruby! She is going to be such a happy baby!

Kam said...

Oh, you are way better than I am with the Thai words! I wish I could wrap my small mind around some of this! But nope! I'm trying though!

Love your timeline! Amazing to be this close, isn't it?
Happy Wednesday!

Jessica said...

Jen, I love seeing all of the numbers broken down this way. It's great. And "mai pen rai" totally counts as a sentence, so make that 3 Thai sentences!

christina said...

if "yi sap gao" is 29, then "sam sip" is thirty for sure. It's phonetically the same in Chinese!

christina said...

Oh, btw, has anyone told you what it literally means? it translates to:
"2, 10, 9": as in 2 tens, plus 9 = 29.

"3, 10" 3 tens = 30.

Heee.

Chris and Terri said...

So close! I hope you find out something soon!! I was hoping you'd hear something this week.

I think it's funny that you learned to count to 30 but you can't say "Where's the mall?"

Come on girl - priorities here! LOL

Megan said...

I especially loved the 3-8 weeks for dreams to come true!! So awesome, Jen, you are so close. Can't wait till you put up THE post!!

Blessings~

Mireille said...

If you can count to 30 you can count to 100.... you can change your stats! You're better than you think! Here another one: Chock Dee! for Good Luck!

Maci Miller said...

Terri - LOL, and yes you make a valid point. :-) But you see, I already KNOW where they all are over there so don't have to ask!
Mireille - So true. I'm sure I could count to 100, but didn't want to say that I can until I actually sit down and do it.
Christina - that is so interesting that it is similar to counting in Chinese!