Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Warm & Fuzzy Feeling


Jeff and I had such a sweet evening last night. I shared all the good news with Jeff over dinner, we watched a good old B&W movie, talked about Ruby, then went up to her room. We poured over all her books for hours and talked about which ones we liked and how we thought she'd like them. It was so fun. How I love my hubby. He was so cute reading some of those books. I can just picture him reading to Ruby! We went over all the bathroom words in her Thai 4 Kids book and, lol, realized we still have so far to go with our Thai! But it was such a nice night. Mommy & Daddy are so ready to meet you little one!!!

Her room is so light and airy we decided to crash in there for the evening. We have to get used to that anyway, cause that is where we are moving when she gets here. When I woke this morning, I sat up and was staring straight at her crib. She's going to be in there! Her sweet face is going to greet me each day! How can I not feel warm and fuzzy?

(UPDATE: We have a queen bed in Ruby's room for us to sleep on. LOL, this is added for Terri!)

12 comments:

Kam said...

Love those warm and fuzzy feelings! Sounds like a wonderful night! Hang on! Not long now!!!!

Carey and Norman said...

Oh Jen....I'm getting excited too. I'm praying you'll go very soon!!

Chris and Terri said...

How fun! Of course, I'm hoping there's some kind of mattress in her room and you guys aren't sleeping on the floor!!! I'm too old for that!

Kam said...

It's beautiful, Jen! I love that you are able to have that bed up there!

Ellie said...

Her room is SO adorable! And how many little girls get to have a cozy fireplace right in their bedroom! Love it! So sweet that you and Jeff were up reading her books :) Before you know it, she'll be in your arms!

Julie said...

I just love this room. we had a bed in with Panit after we got back from Thailand and yes it was lovely to wake up and know she was right there.
Julie

Megan said...

What a fun night, Jen!! You and your hubby are adorable and are great parents! It is great you guys will be able to be in her room and have the comfort of a bed to sleep on!

Blessings~

Jessica said...

What a great night. You definitely need to write that in Ruby's memory book.

I love that Thai kids book. But haven't gotten that far yet. Those flower names in chapter 1 throw me off!

rosemary said...

What a precious night! You guys are such a great couple and it's so wonderful to be able to bring your daughter into a happy home.

dawn said...

Her room is gorgeous. Lily loves it, me too.

Nadine, Conn & Suri said...

What a sweet and beautiful room!!!

Chris and Terri said...

I love her room!!!