Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Updated Home Study Reaches Bangkok!

FINALLY! I am so relieved. Although, the big news has not come yet (meaning that letter and travel dates) I am so happy to know that the BKK office finally has all our necessary paperwork. I have been going back and forth with the National Visa Center and US Embassy office in BKK for weeks now trying to figure out why on earth they didn't get it. We were starting to get a little concerned that someone lost it or something. Well, low and behold, we got an email from BKK yesterday saying they have it and that the next step in the process is filing our I-600 form with supporting documents. That is what we do when there. Let's just hope that is very soon cause my patience is starting to wear out a bit here. Trying hard to stay positive and focused today. At least the paperwork end of things is worked out. One less thing to worry about and  one more step closer to the end of the process.

8 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh, Jen! I'll bet you're about to lose it over there! How much of this wait can a mommy take??? Very thankful to learn that it's arrived safely! One less thing to worry about. Praying for you, and for speedy travel dates!!!
Love,
Ellie

Chris and Terri said...

YAY!!! Maybe this Friday will be the good news day for you!!!

Kam said...

Argh! Soooo glad that it made it there but soooo sorry you've got no new news yet. I'm sure it's just around the corner! I'm going nuts here too. Waiting for the Embassy to send the Article 5 so we can travel...but they won't talk to you on the phone about visa inquiries. You have to email them and then the filters are hard to get by. But, soon I'm sure. Really great news that your update is safe and sound! Whew!

dawn said...

I think you are going to hear the news you want any day now.

Carey and Norman said...

I pray that you receive news very soon. You've waited so long to bring Ruby home and it is time for her to meet her family! Praying!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

yay!!! one step closer:)

Jessica said...

Paperwork causes more sleep loss, doesn't it. Glad it's there and safe and sound. Soon you will be too.

rosemary said...

OK - now we're getting somewhere! I just know that this is the first of many things that are going to fall into place, clickety-clack, for you guys. Before you know it you'll be holding Ruby!