Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy = Sane

Okay, while I am (im)patiently waiting...I've been working on a few things. For one I have 3 pre-schools lined up to visit, all the paperwork filed with the int'l adoption clinic at CHOP, a local CHOP doctor picked out, and found a great pediatric dentist. Typed up a contact list for the fridge with all their numbers plus the grandparents, the nearest hospital, poison control, neighbors, etc. Almost all the adoption forms we have to take with us are done except one that I have questions on when I can nail down Kate. They are in 3 neat binders under the categories US EMBASSY DOCUMENTS (everything Embassy needs), IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS (birth certificates, marriage license, and everything else) and TRAVEL GUIDE & THAILAND INFO (maps, hotel, airfare info & itinerary when we have it). Every document in a plastic shield. Nice, neat, and organized. 4 copies of everything. 1 full copy will be locked in hotel safe when we get there.
Well, I'm guessing you have noticed my new music player. I finally figured out how to get my new songs on here!  Feel free to turn it off after awhile or switch to a different song. These are just 4 of the 11 songs on my new CD entitled Butterfly Moon. It's a collection of lullabies and sweet songs for bedtime and quiet time. The title track is the song I wrote for Ruby.  More info on the new blog: http://butterflymoonmusic.blogspot.com

I also started working on my fashion blog again. I just wrote about the art I bought for the playroom. The artist is Edie Pijpers and her work is available on EdieArt. LOVE her! Her work is so beautiful and sweet that I had a tough time picking only a few! You can check out my favs HERE.

So that's what I've been up to the last couple days. All things to occupy my mind and help me temporarily forget where my heart lies on the other side of the planet.

13 comments:

excitedtobeafamily said...

Your music is beautiful! I am praying for your family.

Ellie said...

Wow, girl!!! You HAVE been busy! I hadn't heard your "Somewhere over the rainbow" yet. So sweet!!

You are very, very organized! Love the binder idea! We lugged a big file briefcase/bag all over Thailand when we adopted Jacob, and the binders sound much better! We were afraid to even leave all the documents in our hotel safe, so poor Eric carried them around! LOL! I like how you've separated out a set to leave in the safe, and others to have with you. Covering all possible issues. Good plan!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
ellie

Anonymous said...

Wow you have a beautiful voice. Little Miss Ruby will be resting peacefully with it. I am praying that your ends soon and Ruby joins her family. Thank you for sharing your music.

Chris and Terri said...

What beautiful lullabies! I love them. I wonder if Mia will jump into your arms when we finally meet and she recognizes your voice from the her lullaby cd. Let me know when I can order.

Also love love love the artwork!

And the organization! I have a binder with plastic sheet covers too. Type A - what else can I say?

Kam said...

WooHoo! Hooray for staying busy!!! I can't wait to listen to your music! For now, I'm in bed on the Mac and Jase is beside me watching "Whale Wars"...so not the time to calm myself with lullabies! But I can't wait to listen to them! LOVE your idea about the binders! I may have to switch over..like your idea much better! You rock, girly!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and are rested and well for some great news come Monday!

Nichole and Craig said...

What a great voice you have. I can't wait until I can order a copy for Jaxin. Let us know as soon as it as available.

christina said...

how can we order a cd?!

Wyndee said...

I'm impressed!!!! You're incredibly organized. I carried a big binder all over Bangkok when we adopted Sophie and even left it in the American Embassy once. Sophie and I sat on a street corner while I bawled, and Fred went hunting for that binder. It wasn't a proud moment for me. ;-)

You music is BEAUTIFUL!!! Ruby is going to LOVE it!!!!!

Jessica said...

Lovely lullabies! Can't wait to order it.

Mireille said...

Your voice is so sweet, clear like raindrops and just amazingly beautiful!! I listened to it with Juliet and Jasmine and they are so PROUD to be your friend! We had to listen to it over and over!! Ruby will be so proud to have a momma with such an angel voice!!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

love the music, you have a beautiful voice!! Goodness didn't know what a talent I had met:)

Can't wait to buy a CD, you will have to sign it for me when I come to Philly!!

fingers crossed that you hear something soon, Ruby needs to come home!!!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks everyone! Glad the songs are well received! Hoping to do lots of good with CD! :-)

Sharon said...

Have meaning to say for awhile - love the look of your blog now - it's beautiful!

Everytime I get a tx I think it is you telling me you have your travel and board dates! Won't be long Jen.

Maybe Nichole could ask Anchalee to ask Nuanthip about your file while they are there in September picking up Jaxin - and isn't that a gorgeous name!!