Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughtful People!

A few thank you's...

My Dad drove up from Harrisburg yesterday, just to take me to lunch. Dad, Jason and I had some good laughs and good eats and then Dad came to the house to hang out a bit before driving back. Such a nice afternoon. Thanks, Dad!

My phone lines and email have been burning up the last 2 weeks. So many well wishes! My sweet Aunt Sophie called me the other night just to wish us a safe trip. My cousin Anna Mary called yesterday and we had the best chat. Had a great chat also with my cousin Angie this week. Found out my cousins Angie and Chrissy (and probably others) are planning a shower for us when Ruby gets home for all our family in Harrisburg. (Later, of course. Not right away). How incredible is that? I am really touched.

My Face Book page has been loaded with nice comments. I've had so many wonderful and encouraging emails. We have received gifts. My cousin Lisa and her hubby sent us some cute pots & pans. My pal Christina sent 2 precious books and a precious hand made book sling for Ruby to take them with us on outings. My sister-in-law's mom, Marie, brought us over a really cool Baby Einstein first reader and a book of first words. So kind! Everyone has been so good to us! And of course, all the support I have gotten here from the friends that have followed our journey over the last 20-some months.

So today, I just want to say thanks to all the thoughtful people in our lives. Every comment, every prayer, every gift, and every thought is truly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

4 comments:

christina said...

You are very welcomed. I feel like I have been holding my breath for the last week! The suspense is killing me -the suspense of seeing Ruby with her parents in a photo. B, M, and I are so very excited for you all and we wish you guys a safe and wonderful trip to Thailand and back. Come and visit us over on the west side, 'k?
xo!

Nichole and Craig said...

Have a great safe flight tomorrow. We will be thinking of you all day.

Kam said...

Have a wonderful flight! This is it!!!!
Praying for you!

Lizzie Lawson said...

Thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!