Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Special Gift


While we are so excited about getting our little Ruby, part of it is also bittersweet. Her friend, little Lily, will be left behind a few months more until her family can get there. We are sad for how Lily may feel to see Ruby go, but we know she will soon have the most incredible family who is going to love her so much and make up for the losses. I wanted to get something special for her, but didn't know what. Blogging buddy, Terri Bell hit the nail on the head. She said, get them two exact dolls or stuffed animals that they each can keep. Love it! Thanks, Terri! Wanted to find two bears that hug or something, but found these instead at Pottery Barn Kids last night. 

Two pretty little princesses to represent our little princesses. They are finger puppets, too, so interactive. You can put your fingers in the legs and make them dance. Jeff actually found them and stuck his fingers in there to show me what you do. Is that cute or what? He's gonna be such a cute Daddy! I took a purple permanent marker and wrote both girls names on the leaves of both dolls. (Wish my hand writing was a bit better and my marker a bit thinner, but oh, well. You can still make it out, I think, and we parents can explain!)

When we see the girls we will give both dolls to Ruby. We will ask Anna to explain the one is for Lily and to hand it to her. Of course, cameras will be on hand to capture this moment. And tissues!

5 comments:

John and Nancy said...

Sheesh! Between your post and Jeff's I am a mess sitting here at my desk! Don't think I could be any happier\more excited\thrilled\anxious\beside myself with joy on your familys behalf. Thank you for sharing your journey and for sharing ours. We love you guys and wish you all the best in the world! Can't wait to meet your beautiful little Ruby and of course you guys too! Love, Nancy, John, Frank and (Furry) Ruby

Kam said...

What a thoughtful gift! They will treasure these someday! And love them to pieces now! You're all set! And Jeff's post was beautiful!

It must be in the air...emotions are so high here too. I've teared up too many times today!

Chris and Terri said...

Wow! They are perfect! Good luck guys!

Ellie said...

Oh, Jen!!! What a WONDERFUL gift idea! I just cannot begin to tell you how blessed I am to have you for a friend. I look forward to many years of friendship for us and for the girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you are doing for Lily (and us). We truly appreciate you!

Love you!
Ellie

Megan said...

Those dolls are a great idea!! Such a sweet treasure for those little girls! I look forward to seeing those pics!

Blessings~