Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're Still Here!

Just wanted you all to know we are still alive and well! After my post about getting into regular hours of sleep, the next 2 days proved to be just the opposite! I think it was my friend Dawn that said, just when you think you have things figured out, they change it up on you. So true! Things I think will be tough for her...running errands, etc. are very easy. Loves the car seat now and usually falls asleep. I wanted to get her some more socks and boots and she was an angel at the store. But then things that are usually easy - like getting her down for her nap - are randomly difficult. We have a system down...on most days. I take her up, change her diaper, hold her in my arms and give her a bottle while singing lullabies. Like clockwork, by the time I hit the 3rd or 4th lullaby she is out like a light and I put her right in her crib for a good 2 hours. Well, the little miss decided not to nap - twice this week - and crankiness ensued. I am learning quickly that I have to be quite resourceful in order to entertain a restless toddler indoors all day! A friend got me the Toddler Busy Book and I can't wait to gather up some good ideas, but I have been too busy to actually read it! LOL. Maybe on today's nap. She is looking quite sleepy at the moment!

The weather has gotten chilly already here, but surprisingly, she doesn't seem to mind it much. We we outside a bit this week and she gets a kick when the wind blows her hair. Had such a nice weekend! Saturday, Jeff's parents came up and she really took to them right away. She jumped right in Grammy Larae's lap and gave kisses to both freely. Took her awhile to saying Grammy but she said Pappi right away to Woody. We had a fun day hanging out, the guys playing ball with her, and she went right down for her nap even though they were here. Went to Shady Brook Farm on Sunday and that was really nice, too. She LOVES animals and enjoyed feeding the goats more than anything. She is quite a brave little thing and went right up to them!

Gotta go! Started this post at 8 am and am now rushing to finish it at 2 pm. Ruby went right down for her nap today (hurray!) and I have been wizzing around the place doing laundry, dishes, making calls, making lunch, and getting caught up. Those 2 hours fly by fast! Will post more soon!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Glad to know all is well!!! Amazing how one small person can make your life so busy! :) What fun! Even if she's trying to avoid some naps, I'd do everything I could to try to maintain that routine... for everybody involved! Good luck, Mama! You're doing a super job!

emily said...

so fun to hear what you guys are up to...I need pictures!!! Where is her beautiful face?

Wyndee said...

As a mother of two girls, here is my advice: Sleep when Ruby sleeps! Don't work. Don't do laundry. Don't wash dishes. And for Pete's sake, don't read toddler books! ;-)