Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well, what a difference a year makes. Last year I turned 40, had no baby, not much of a career left, and was thoroughly depressed about all of it. This year, I have all I need. Our beautiful girl is home and there is nothing greater than that! My husband went out of his way to make it a nice morning for us, my CD is about to be released, and I am still in talks with Disney about my song. (I think it's actually gonna go through! Last I heard, they want me to record in early December!) But oddly enough - as cool as that is -I don't really think about that much. I spent my whole life working on my career and now it is like this nice little thing. Like the icing, but not the cake. Great, but not a necessary ingredient to my happiness. What I have at home is so much more than anything else going on right now.

I woke up to hear Jeff shuffling around downstairs. On the kitchen table next to a big cup of java, sat a vase full of gorgeous pink roses and a beautiful card with the promise of a spa day inside. (Not sure I am ready to leave Ruby for that long, but maybe I could try to go for an hour). Jeff made us breakfast and then we were off to Music Round to make up a class from last week. She really enjoys it and had a good time. She was particularly talkative and funny this morning - probably because she is feeling better. The both of us had bad colds last week and missed all her fun classes. Felt so bad for her to miss them, but didn't want to spread our germs around to all the other families.

Saturday, Jeff's parents came up and cooked dinner for us. Had my brother Jason over, too, and a nice night was had by all. The weather was nice on Sunday so after the in-laws left we headed over to a new park I heard about from a friend. It was huge and very toddler friendly with rubber paving. Ruby & some cute little boy started flirting with each other and following each other around. It was the sweetest thing! She is quite a social bug and I am already wondering what it will be like when she's a teenager! Ha ha! But for now, we are enjoying our little love bug every minute and milking up the hugs and cuddles and toddling years! She is napping now. Even though I had this whole list in my mind of what I wanted to do during her nap today, I couldn't tear myself away from her side for a half hour after she feel asleep. I just laid there beside her thinking how very lucky I am. So happy birthday to me. A very, very happy birthday indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen!

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Jen!!! Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day! So happy for you!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!! Sounds lovely. Hugs to you. Glad everyone is feeling better.

dawn said...

Happy belated Perfect Birthday.
Hugs.

Chris and Terri said...

Happy Birthday!!! It's amazing how much can change in a year huh?

Mireille said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jen!! Wow, life is amazing, how things change in just 1 year. Hugs & Kisses, Mireille