Thursday, December 3, 2009

Barbie To The Rescue!

We had a good day in the studio. As is always the case, it took longer than expected. We were there about 3 hours. Daddy was just great with her and she did so well. But, also as expected, she was NOT thrilled when I had to shut the door between us to go in the sound room and record. She burst into tears the first time, so I let her come in and hang out with me while we did a sound check and "auditioned" a few mics for the best sound. I was wondering how we were going to get a good vocal and keep her feeling happy and safe at the same time when Jeff popped in her favorite movie - Barbie as the Island Princess. (Shame on me! It should have been a Disney movie, right?) But hey,  it's her favorite movie and she was glued. Afterwards, she played nicely and ate lunch with Daddy and forgot I was in the other room for awhile. We were able to get the first vocal done, email to Disney, then re-do it with a few different approaches...and then finally finish. 

I am on pins and needles waiting to hear from them and see if they liked it. They had a session in LA and probably won't get back to me until later. They originally asked me to sing it like my lullaby CD version - very soft and whispery. But when they heard it with the new lyrics and music they decided it needed to be more pop. So we did 5 more takes for them and sent it off for them to decide. At least 2 of the takes I was real happy with so they have plenty to work with. At least I hope so! Ruby napped almost an hour on the ride there and an hour on the way home. She is a happy camper right now playing with Daddy. I was so anxious about leaving her for so long, but the time in the studio served to be a great bonding time with Jeff and also good for her to leave my side and know I can go away for a short time but will always come back. So it was a good day and now we are back home and snuggling in for a cozy night. I'm actually glad we have no schedule tomorrow. Nothing for Ruby to do but be a kid and play with her toys. The only thing we have planned is dinner with our friends and their kids and a drive through Shady Brook Farms Christmas light display. Should be a nice start to the weekend!

*Special note: BIG CONGRATS TO NANCY & JOHN LEAVING TOMORROW FOR THAILAND AND TERRI & CHRIS WHO LEAVE IN 6 DAYS!!!! BEAUTIFUL BABES FRANK & MIA ARE COMING HOME!!! GOOD LUCK IN THAILAND! HAVE AN AMAZING TIME!

4 comments:

dawn said...

Jen...gosh what a fabulous day. I have goosebumps just reading about it.

Ellie said...

Congrats, Jen!!! What an exciting time for you!! What a talented, multi-tasking lady you are! :)

Jessica said...

So glad it was GREAT! Can't wait to hear it some day when I'm sitting in a movie theater.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news. Congratulations!