Friday, January 8, 2010

Daddy & Daughter Time!

I believe every cloud has a silver lining. Woke up sick on Wednesday. I had to cancel the early intervention teacher. I was bummed but didn't want to get her and her family sick. Ended up getting a call from the Early Intervention coordinator and IU to have a conference call. An important call that I wouldn't have had time for that morning if the teacher was there. So that all worked out and Ruby & I had a fun day at home just playing and doing crafts and working on colors. Then yesterday I felt worse. Ended up a really good thing. Okay, not exactly great for me, but it gave Jeff a chance to take Ruby out somewhere without me. For the first time, Jeff was able to take her in the car and take her to a class. She loves music and I hated for her to miss the first Music Round class of the year. So I asked Jeff if he could possibly tear away from work for an hour to take her. He did...and it went great! He got to see her do her thing in class and they both got some great bonding time. She cried in the car a little when they first left, but she quickly got over (me) in exchange for a mum-mum cracker. (Hey!) So they had their first Daddy & daughter class together! Sweet! Hoping I can have him come to a Little Gym class sometime with us, too. I'm dying for him to see how courageous she is and how she loves it!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry you're sick (feel better!). But, hurray for Ruby and Jeff. I've never had a mum-mum cracker, but I'm beginning to think I'd better check it out! Sounds like Ruby knows a good thing when she sees it.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that Jeff and Ruby had a great time at the class. I hope you are feeling better.

Liz

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, ladies! I am on antibiotics and feeling better already!

dawn said...

Sorry you are under the weather but glad to hear Daddy and daughter got some very special time together.

Ellie said...

Awww! I was wondering when you'd allow her to leave your sight for a few minutes! Glad she enjoyed her time with Daddy. These little steps will help her prepare for preschool... haven't you mentioned checking out preschools?? I'm sure it's as good for Jeff as it is for Ruby! I'll bet he loved that one on one time. You have such a sweet family, and I'm so happy for you!! Sending love,
ellie