Saturday, April 10, 2010

Before The Excitement Hits

Before the balloons and fan fair and cake and presents. Before I set out the food and all the family arrives. I just wanted to take a quiet moment to be thankful. Two birthdays went by and we couldn't be there for you. Oh, how we wanted to! How it hurt to not be with you! But this birthday, my sweet little love, you ARE here. From the bottom of my heart, I thank God for you. You are everything we have ever dreamed of and so much more. We wish you so much love and happiness on your birthday and always. We reflect on how much effort it took us to get to this point and how brave and strong, yet easy going you have been through all the changes. I've said it so many times, but it feels like you have always been with us. It's just that strong a bond and that comfortable. So deep is our love for you! Yet we know your life hasn't always been easy and we think about you and your beginning. We also think of your birthmother. What will she feel and think of that day? We will always think of her on your birthday and be thankful to her for giving you life.

I received a beautiful book of poems from my Aunt Sophie and found this perfect prose for you my dear:

THIS IS MY WISH FOR YOU by Charles Livingston Snell

This is my wish for you...
That the spirit of beauty may continually hover about you
and fold you close within the tenderness of her wings.
That each beautiful and gracious thing in life may be unto
you as a symbol of good for your soul's delight.
That sun-glories and star-glories, leaf-glories and bark-glories
flower-glories and glories that lurk in the grasses of the field;
glories of mountains and oceans and little streams of running waters,
glories of song, of poesy, of all the arts may be to you as sweet, abiding
influences that will illumine your life and make you glad.
That your soul may be as an alabaster cup, filled to overflowing
with the mystical wine of beauty and love.
That happiness may put her arms around you, and wisdom make your soul serene.
This is my wish for you.

and to this I will add... we wish you joy and laughter and love always..and a super fun birthday!
Love, Mommy & Pa

3 comments:

dawn said...

A day to remember for ever and ever. So happy for Jen, truly truly happy from the bottom of my heart, i really get it, happy.

Mireille said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ruby!! Have fun on your special day!! So happy for the 3 of you, that THIS Birthday and all the others to follow will be together!!

rosemary said...

I am so happy for all 3 of you, Jen! You are such a wonderful mom, a lovely person and a great friend! I take such delight in watching you celebrate your daughter's birthday!! Ruby Kate is so blessed to have you as her mom!