Saturday, April 10, 2010

Party A Success!

Whew. We did it! We threw one thoroughly fun birthday party today. I am so tired, but also relieved and very, very happy. Gonna sleep like a rock tonight! After my afternoon post, Ruby decided to play with her doll again, then start chatting. I put my computer down and played dead for the longest time. My eyes closed but my mind racing just thinking of all I still had to do. After wasting a good hour trying to get her down I gave up. She was just too excited. And who could blame her? She knew we were having a party for her and that her friends were coming. So we got up, I sent her off to the park with Daddy and Pappy, and then ran like a mad woman. We were an hour behind now so I really had to move. By the skin of my teeth (and with help from mother in law) I got the house decorated and balloons and gifts placed by Ruby's return. She was delighted with the balloons and ball area! I then whisked her off to put her B-day outfit (which she also loved, thank God), grabbed a quick shower, and threw myself together. Leaving me 20 minutes to get all the snacks out on the table b4 guests arrived. I was still putting stuff out when they got there, but the place looked good, Jeff was helping out and taking care of things in the back, and I was able to greet each one and take pics on the porch as they arrived. My mother in law helped cut up the fruit/veggies for the animals and also to decorate. My bro came over early with some seriously cool "barn doors" for the front porch. He also helped with parking and all sorts of things. It was great. The hubs and father in law ran yesterday and all morning to make sure we had last minute ingredients and the right wires to make the stereo work outside and throughout the house. A great collaborative effort!

The weather really was good for us, too! No rain, no mud. A bit chilly at first, but nice and sunny. Couldn't have been a better day for running around the yard! I set up a little photo op on the porch with hay stacks and balloons for when the guests first arrived. I want to include a photo with the thank you's that has each child in it with Ruby. I think I got pics of most of them.
The animals were a HUGE hit. Ruby LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the pony! Held on by herself and went back again and again to ride it. She was still on there at 5 minutes to 5 when they were leaving at 5! She hated to see him go but gave Dr. Suess (the pony) a kiss on the nose and said goodbye. It was so cute. How she loves animals! She kissed the beautiful doves they had and one of the fuzzy chickens, too. There was a cool alpacha that wasn't super friendly. It hadn't gone to anyone the whole time. Ruby was very calm and sweet and just stood very still looking at him. He walked right over to her and put his head down for her to pet him. Then he licked her hand. It was very cool. She is great with animals.

After the animals left, we ate, the kids played games, had wagon hay rides, played ball, and ate cake. Oh what a great job they did on the cake! It was adorable! I could go on and on about the day but I am so needing to go to bed right now. Suffice it to say, the party couldn't have gone better. I am so happy. It was everything I wanted for my sweetheart and more. She really had a good time and we did, too!

Pics and more details coming soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Princess Ruby!

With Love and Wishes
Liz, Matt and Lyla

Jessica said...

Ohh Happy, Happy Birthday Miss Ruby! Sounds like a wonderful party. A horse named Dr. Seuss, I love it. It's a birthday to remember for sure!

rosemary said...

OMG! Sounds like such a fun party!! I love your theme!

Mireille said...

Congratulations Little Miss Ruby!! You are the sweetest! This party sounds like heaven, so great with all the animals, just a perfect party for a perfect little girl!! How happy I am all for you!!