Monday, April 12, 2010

Party Pics!

Well, you asked for pictures! LOL, I must have taken a hundred photos this weekend! For the first time ever I actually filled my flash card and had to download before I could take more! Was just having a ball and wanted to capture every bit of it! My camera was acting up and stopped taking pics for an hour or so. Then at one point I got it working then dropped it and it stopped working AGAIN. So I don't have a pic of all the kids at the table or together. Like that would have been possible with all the fun and running around going on! Anyway, I still managed to take..oh, well, just a few shots, LOL! Also worked on this for a couple hours in bed so they should all blow up for a closer look. Thanks to Jessica for the tip to go upload to Windows Live.



And these are before and after birthday shots:
Little duck breakfast to start the birthday theme, riding her bike we gave her Sunday on her actual birthday, and my little spa girl having a laid back day and enjoying her pink toes compliments of Mommy. Hey, every girl needs a pedicure on her birthday!

Party Details:
Invite: Cute barn invites found at either Birthday Express or Birthday in a Box. Glued a little snapshot of Ruby in a cowboy hat on one side and stuffed a pinch of staw in before sealing the envelope.

























Party favor box.
Made a ball pit on porch with hay stacks, balls, and balloons
Used it as a great backdrop for photos and tried to get each kid in a shot w/Ruby to put in the thank-you cards (the kids also enjoyed playing in there!)
Cut out "barn doors" for the front porch and had my brother paint them for me. As an added touch, he cut thin pieces of cardboard and painted it white to create the authentic barn door look. (Great job, Jase!)
Bought 14 bales of straw and used as decoration and extra seating. The kids loved it!
Borrowed animal signs/stakes from this sweet elderly couple down the road and put up the driveway and around the yard
Snacks were out early -soft pretzels with dips, animal crackers, fruit, veggies, and nachos.
Had custom farm animal lollipops made from someone on Etsy. So cute! (will post link later)
Dinner at 5 after animals were gone. I served the kids (healthy w/no trans fats) chicken nuggets and rice with veggies (which they actually all ate).
Drinks for the kids (mini waters and juice boxes) were in a big red wheel barrow filled w/ice.
Adult beverages were in a big oversized pail with ice.
Adults were self-serve. Greek salad, potato salad, mac-n-cheese, burgers, and picky food. (thanks to Kelly for the homemade mac-n-cheese!)
Made my life easy and used all red paper plates, napkins, and plastic red utensils.
But wine was served in nice wine glasses. I can never make my guests drink wine out of a plastic cup!
I used red and white checkered table cloth on my dining room table, but used plastic table clothes for the tables outdoors. Had red on the adults tables & cow print on the kids tables.
Favor boxes had 3 small balls, bubbles, 2 animal lollies, farm animal tattoos, a plush cow or pig and a farm animal activity sticker book. Plus they all got a cowboy hat & stick pony. Stick ponies were a HUGE hit...even by the big kids and they were only $1 from the Dollar tree! (Forgot to get a picture of the favor boxes. They were so cute!)
Rented a helium tank from Party City for only $30 and bought balloons online. Made my own bunches up and had them up all over the indoors as well as outside. I think about 60 altogether.
Got a picture of a cow cake I found online & gave to my local bakery. They used cupcakes to create the feet and ears. I was so happy with how cute it turned out!
We did two games: Pin the tail on the Cow and a farm themed Bean Bag Toss. (Thanks to my seasoned moms - Charlsey & Melissa -for running the games for me!)
Bought most of the supplies and decorations online at Oriental Trading Co, Birthday in a Box, and Amazon.com, including the games. Had all little kids music on the cd player. Little Cowpoke, Buck Howdy, Party Like A Preschooler, and Ella's playhouse were all in rotation.

Hope this is helpful to those of you who might want to do a similar party! I can tell you ours was a blast and worth every bit of the effort! Was really fun to plan and see it come together. And watching Ruby and all the kids enjoy it made it just the best day ever!

8 comments:

Ellie said...

Wow, Jen!!! You know how to throw a party! She looked absolutely adorable!!! Love the little pedicure photos! Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I can see the happiness and joy from everyone of these pictures. You did a great job the plans came together beautifully. Thank you for sharing.

Jessica said...

Ohh, so adorable. You outdid youself. The barn doors and cowmooflauge wrapping paper take the cake.

You've got me REALLY wanting a front porch now.

dawn said...

me, me me, I want you to plan my next party to!
You get mummy of the year award.
Gosh what a fabulous party Jen.
Such an amazing extravaganza. So glad it went well. Ruby looked so gorgeous. How could you be so calm with so many details to attend to? You are truly amazing! Ruby is such a lucky girl to have an amazing Momma like you.

Maci Miller said...

Thanks! Dawn - LOL cause I wasn't exactly calm 2 hours before the party when Ruby decided not to nap. I killed an hour just sitting with her willing her to sleep, then gave up and ran like crazy. Calmed down about a half hour into the party and then it was smooth sailing! But thanks! It was worth every single second. She had so much fun!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Seriously does not get cuter than this....what an amazing party. Maybe you should consider party planning!!!

Happy Birthday sweet Ruby!! May all of your dreams and wishes come true....I know your mommy's have:)

Mireille said...

WOW, how this party came out just AMAZING!! You really did a great job Jen! FANTASTIC, and Ruby looks absolutely adorable. What a great memory!! Your porch is such a beautiful backdrop for a party with this theme. You party planner did a super duper job!!

Nichole and Craig said...

I LOVE the pedicure pic. She is growing up so fast.
Thanks so much for all the info. We are doing the same theme for Jaxins party in July. I am heading to Maine in May to do some shopping for his party. I can't seem to find anything up here in the farm theme. I hope there is a dollar tree in Bangor so I can get the stick horses that is a great idea.