Friday, May 28, 2010

Update



















Well, the noodles worked! First night - no rolling out of bed. 2nd night she actually did once. I have no idea how unless she was actually trying to crawl out to come over to me. The last 2 nights she was okay again and slept the whole night through. A friend of mine suggested giving it a week for Ruby to get used to it so that is what we are doing. She goes in there happily each night and really likes her bed so that is a big deal. Maybe we will actually leave her bedroom before she's 10 after all!

Potty training...well, that's not so great. Loves her new potty and will use it upstairs but I need a gimic and stickers for downstairs now, too. And perhaps another paper crown and wand. This works pretty well. But her stomach issues persist and now we are concerned about giradia again. I will absolutely scream if she has it again! Jeff had what we thought was a virus but now he's getting checked too. Have a call with Dr. Jane on Tues. The saga continues.

In other news, things have calmed down in Thailand, and now the clean up is underway.  The TRC and DSDW are back to work and as far as I know the Embassy is open again. I heard from my friend Anna that no harm has come to the children at TRC and I am sooo grateful. Thank God. Also, the children at Mercy Centre are safe. Such a relief! I continue to work to promote the CD here and there but there is never enough time it seems. Still, we sold some, made a donation and we are still working on it.

Have a fun and busy weekend planned. A trip to our hometown tomorrow to see family, a cook out at a friends Sat, a girls night out for me on Sat night, and a cook out here with some friends on Monday. Should be a great time! Wishing you all a happy Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

So glad the noodles are working! What a great idea!

Bummer about the potty problems!!!! Poor little girl!

I have to mention, again, how adorable that photo is of her with the dinosaur at the dentist's office!!! I love that one!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Jessica said...

Glad the noodles seem to be working. Who'd have thought. Now you can take a part of your bed with you to the pool!

Sure hope it's not giardia!