Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

...our referral landed in Wacap's hands. Can you imagine? What a difference a year makes! At the time they knew we couldn't possibly wait till the next week to get here, so they emailed it to me. We were BEYOND happy. In shock.  A little emotional (me). And yes, very excited...all at once. You can read the full post here if you want to take that ride down memory lane with us. Actually this will take you to the month of May, 2009 so you'll have to scroll down to the 22nd for the post. But suffice it to say, it was an incredible moment. One of the most incredible at that point. Today, a year later, Ruby is playing and watching Little Einsteins while Jeff and I get ready for dinner. Just a normal night and yet the memory of the wait and what we went through to get here is never that far. Every parent has had their own journey and story. But I think as an adoptive parent there is this sense of gratefulness that comes with such a LONG, LONG wait that makes you appreciate the little mundane stuff so much more. For they are OUR mundane, every day moments. Ours...as a family. And it's wonderful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. It is the little moments that make us as parents realize our little blessings. I love holding on to every second I can with Lyla and time together doing simple daily tasks. Perfectly stated...what a difference a year makes?

Jessica said...

Wow. A year already. And you've lived to tell about it!! Sweet rememberings!

Mireille said...

Indeed what a difference a year makes! I am so happy for you guys that the wait is over, and now it is just to building history, happy moments and enjoying being an 'ordinary' family with every day moments. Life is bliss!!

Chris and Terri said...

You can tell I was waiting too. That seems like a lifetime ago! May-Dec dragged on and Jan-May flew by! Such is life, I guess!

So happy Ruby is here and everyone is having so much fun!!

Ellie said...

I remember very well, your very long wait! Your anticipation for her arrival. So thankful she's now home, in your arms!

Maci Miller said...

Yes, I sure do too, Ellie!

Thank you all for being a friend during the long, hard period of our lives. I'm so grateful to share with you, to anticipate your children coming home and call all of you friend!