Monday, July 5, 2010

Heck of a 4th Weekend!

Mommy and Ruby heading to a 4th of July party at our friends house on Saturday. I've had Jeff take a lot more pics of Ruby & I lately so I can make a "mommy" book similar to the one I made him.
I look like a dork in this photo but she looks cute so I had to post anyway. This outfit was in the closet waiting for her for 2 years and I just remembered it while looking for something red, white, & blue.
Love this one. She just hugged me like this unprompted. How it melts me every time when she does that!
Silly girls Ruby & Ava getting ready to hit the pool. It's so sweet to see them together. Ava runs up and hugs her every chance she gets. Ruby spent the 2nd half of the day following her around yelling "Aba! Aba!" They had so much fun!
Daddy & Ruby in the pool.
This was one serious pool party! Our friends Charlesy & John have an INCREDIBLE back yard as you can see. Huge pool and a big swing/fort/play area that the kids love. We all had such a great day. That's my handsome hub in the middle with our very wet little miss. She was in there FOREVER. Daddy & I took turns getting dry. LOL. Ruby begged us (well, rather CRIED) to go down the big slide they have. Jeff stood in the deep end and caught her while I (nervously) took her up all the steps. It's the sort of slide I wouldn't have gone down till I was like TEN and here she is having a fit to go down at 3! This daring child is gonna toughen me up, I'll tell ya. I have to be able to keep up with her! :-) We had a life vest on her and down she went. Loved it, of course, but the 3rd time she went down a little fast and I think it scared her a bit. She got out all smiles but said ALL DONE! And that was that. Didn't ask again and I must admit I was glad!
Later on, a dry and clean little miss discovers Ava's pirate-in-a-box and thinks it's the best thing ever.
My fabulous, fun, friend Charlsey (in purple wig) and their good friend Darrell get silly with a bunch of wigs. Charlsey runs promos for 3 Olives and always has fun swag from light up bracelets to wigs to pop rocks! Such fun!  (And NO, Ruby didn't get any 80's flash-back sizzly pop-rocks. Only Mommy can eat chemicals & perservatives every once in awhile. LOL.
The kids were far more interested in the wigs, anyway. They tried them all on and were dancing around.
Rubes looking like a little Supreme in the pink wig.
Ava dancing cute in the pink while our little rock star is grooving in the orange.
Here's a short video of the fun...


We spent most of yesterday chilling in the backyard. Jeff & I soaking up the sun and Ruby having a ball in her new blow-up pool. Such a relaxing day! Ended the day with fireworks. Ruby really enjoyed them. "Lights! Lights! Look!" she'd say. Or "There's another one!" It was real cute and the best fireworks I ever watched. Not because they were any more or less spectacular from years past. It was the magic of seeing them through her eyes. Eyes so full of wonder and excitement. Funny how many moments are magical now. Of course, the view I liked best at the fireworks was this one:
Hope everyone in blog land had a happy weekend!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fun! I'm a huge wimp, Jen, and I think having a boy is going to toughen me up. Maybe our kids can be brave for the both of us?

Anonymous said...

How great are these pictures. I am so happy you guys had a wonderful time. Ruby looks so happy in every picture.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

looks like a blast!!!

Ruby's hair is getting so long!! She is just cute as a bug:)