Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crayola Factory

Happy with her new "crayon" character...
...but longing for the horse drawn carriage ride that left without us. Maybe next time, Rubes!


It was rainy. We were bored. What fun and excitement could I seek out for us on a random Tues? I set about to find something online and came up with the Crayola Factory in Easton PA. A good hour drive, but why not? I explained it to Ruby who also thought it a great idea. I packed our lunches and off we went. Evidently, we were not the only ones with this plan!

It was a mad house. Think holiday time at the mall. There was no quaint little tour that I had imagined in my head. Somehow I got the idea it would be an old fashioned tour with a warm crayon for the kid at the end. I guess it USED to be like that. Now it is a short movie combined with a demo that we could barely see because the crowd.  After 5 minutes of lifting her up to try to get a peak over everyone's head, we both tired of it and went for the crayon table. No fresh made warm crayon. I don't know why this matters to me, LOL, but I wanted to see them being made and get my - I mean, her - new crayon! :-)

Still, it was a fun day. Would opt to do art at home next time and beat the crowd, but it was a different experience and they had lots of fun play rooms and stations that Ruby enjoyed. We ate our lunch outside in the cute little town square where she spotted the horse. I promised her we'd go back and take a ride but when we did they were gone already. She was disappointed, but took it in stride. So I got her a little toy in the gift shop. (And no, I know you won't believe me but I did not pick out the one that matched her outfit, LOL! I WOULD have, but she actually did first!) We do like our pink around here! Here are a few more shots...
Concentrating on her "art". A little red hippo.
More little creations.
And last, but not least...what touristy day trip would be complete without a pose in the cardboard prop pic? I do just love her expression though.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Loving Ruby in that dress and rain boots! What great rainy day fun.

I just bought Baby G a fun froggy umbrella. Now we'll have to sit around and hope for rain in sunny CA. Maybe I'll end up resorting to the sprinkler.

Mireille said...

I love the boots AND her expression in the last pic! LOL