Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Day of School

Ruby was fine. I am not. Why is this so hard? Bawled like a baby as soon as I pulled away. I already broke the ice (for both of us) by taking her to summer camp one half day a week. Now she will be going to the same place 4 half days. 3 little hours in the morning. I should be fine, right? But I am very sappy instead. They have this system at her school where 2 teachers aids stand outside and greet the students. Parents just pull around and unlock the door. They take them out of the car seat and wisk them indoors before they know what hit them. A great system for the kids. But not for mom who was desperately longing for a big hug and kiss goodbye and a chance to say I love you and I'm proud of you for the 100th time. *Sigh*

**Update:
I went to pick her up and I saw the kids outside. Scanned the playground but didn't see Ruby...and then I did. The director was holding her and she looked so sad. I called to her and she ran over to the chain link fence as if she thought I was never coming back. Poor, sweet baby! They said she actually did well and was fine all day until 20 minutes b4 I got there. Another girl asked about her mom coming to pick her up and it sent Ruby into sobs. When the teachers aid said "see you tomorrow" she said NO. She was still sad in the car while I tried to tell her over and over that it was okay and Mommy would always be there for her and I'd be coming back. I think she'll be okay. It's just an adjustment. Once she was home like 30 minutes or so she bounced back and was her happy go lucky little self again. Here's to a better day tomorrow!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Bless her sweet little heart!!! You must let me know how it goes tomorrow, too!

I remember the first time we dropped Jacob off at Sunday School. When we came back to pick him up, we found out that he had been sitting, looking out the window, watching families leave, and crying. Poor babies!

Before you know it, she'll understand completely. It's got to be difficult for them to understand. Keep me posted!

Hugs,
E

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Aww, Ruby is so sweet and loves you so much. I hope today was better for you two.

Jessica said...

Oh she looks all grown up! Here's to a better second day of school for both of you.

excitedtobeafamily said...

We never did preschool but the first of Kindergarten was the worst for us the parents! I feel for you! Sweet babies!

Mireille said...

Aww.. these moments are hard, but I am sure it will get better!!