Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn

I love it. I really really love it. Crisp air, sunny days, evenings spent sitting by a fire. Warm soup, pumpkins, gorgeous leaves changing colors everywhere. I have always liked this time of year. Now however, there is this added magic seeing it through the eyes of a child. Hayrides and trick or treat. Dress up and play. The wonder in her eyes watching the colorful leaves blowing in the wind. The simple pleasures of picking an apple right from the tree and eating it...of baking a warm treat...of painting a pumpkin. And the many fun activities there are to do this time of year...I love them all!

The last 2 weekends were filled with such fall fun with friends and family! Last weekend started with a shower for my cousin Mary Francis.  My mom, Ruby & I went together and it was real nice. So great to see all my cousins. Then we spent the rest of the weekend with Jeff's parents doing fall stuff. They have a farm near by with the sweetest set up for kids! A fun hayride, a playground made up of hay, "sand" box made of corn, dark tunnels to climb through and all sorts of fun stuff. Ruby wasn't afraid of the dark tunnel at all and actually ran ahead of me. So funny, this girl! We had a wonderful time just kicking back with his parents. Ruby was really loving her time with Grammy & Pappy, too.

This past weekend was filled with delightful activities also. Saturday we hit a bluegrass festival way up in the mountains with Jeff's cousins. It was held at Frecon Farms which is an apple orchard and small winery. We sat on blankets, listened to music, ate food, drank wine and so enjoyed each others company. For Ruby there were a bunch of alpacas (including 2 babies!), face painting, and of course, the music. She seemed to really enjoy it. Such a fun, laid back day spent with a really fun group! I forgot my camera but the cousins forwarded me a few today.
Me, Lisa, and Ruby kicking back
Rubes enjoys a juicy apple
Ruby and our friend "Uncle" Joe

Sunday was Halloween fun at Sesame Place. Ruby and Ava were dressed in their princess-y best.
Adorable pumpkin patch makes great photo op!
Happy, happy girl with Abby Cadabby
Yes. My daughter went on this. Can't believe it? Me either!
Daddy is waving (in last car) while I pick my heart out of my stomach. :-)
All the kiddos in their cute costumes.

Many more fall festivities ahead! I just love it. Hey, did I mention how much I love autumn?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby is adorable as usual. I love her wings and tutu. It looks like you are having an amazing Fall.

Wendy said...

Oh, fall is my favorite season. We're almost at peak color here in CT. GORGEOUS!

Lily is a BIG time thrill seeker too. She would have loved that roller coaster!

Me? Not so much!

Jessica said...

I love fall too. Love it. We're making apple sauce today. The whole house smells delicious. It helps me over look the messiness!

Ruby looks adorable!