Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tea & Grandma

Rubes and I took a little drive to Harrisburg yesterday to visit my mom. A real nice day together just hanging out, eating lunch, and talking. Ruby was SO excited to see Grandma and as you can see the feeling was mutual!
It was so gorgeous outside on Monday I decided we should have a little tea party. Made a little table setting in the front yard, pulled out Ruby's play tea pot and cups and made us little sandwiches that I put on her little pink plates. She gets such a kick out of things like this that it makes it all the more fun to do them for her. Such a sweet lunch with my lil miss.
Hamming it up for Mommy and loving picking apart her sandwich. So funny, she will eat it all but likes to pull it off layer by layer. First the top bread, then the cheese, then turkey, then the bottom piece of bread. Just discovered mustard recently and proclaims mmmm! with excitement when she tastes some.

Drinking her tea (water) that she poured herself from her tea pot. Love the her little pinky finger up in the air. And, yes, of course I taught her that. :-)

And now...WHAT - you ask - is that delectable treat below?
Haha, it's only cheese and crackers. I had to send in a snack that was low sugar to Ruby's school today. Cheese and crackers were on the suggestion list so I got the orange-est cheese I could find (low fat chedder), cut out pumpkins, and layered it on wheat crackers. Really wanted to make faces but couldn't find anything to do it with. Pretzels didn't stick. Chocolate was too thick, high sugar, and probably not a great taste combo. Peanuts...well, you have allergies to worry about. So I left them as is. Anyone have suggestions for something that would work next time? Think it would be cute to do for a party but want to deck them out a little bit.

Happy Wednesday!






1 comment:

Jessica said...

Piping on cream cheese, maybe? Although, admittedly, that sounds like a lot of work.