Saturday, October 23, 2010

Big Girl, Little Girl

Okay, is it just me or is she looking SO grown up here? This was her school field trip last week to the apple/pumpkin farm. She insisted on carrying this pumpkin herself even though I think it was a bit heavy.
And OMG is she not looking like a tween here already? Holy cow the little Miss has some sassy attitude! And in case you are wondering if that is actually a potty sitting on the floor of the playroom, why yes. Yes it is. Hey, you do what you have to do to keep them on the pot! :-)
Just when I am all sappy that she's so grown up already she gets in this baby walker at a new play center in the mall. I am reminded again just how small (and silly) she really is. She thought this was just the most amusing thing.
Then back to big girl mode, she scaled this wall to get to the big crazy yellow slide.
Hmmm...do you think she liked it?

Love my silly little girl! We stayed home and had a movie night last night. Made those Naan bread pizzas again and watched Madagascar. Such a sweet night with the 3 of us snuggling on the couch together. She's been so independent as of late, that I was really eating up her cuddly little self glued to my lap. She got a kick out of the movie and we thought it a good start to the weekend since we are thinking of going to "Boo at the Zoo" today. 

Not sure what she'll be wearing yet. I put together a super cute little witch costume with a black tutu she already had and a hat from Target. I showed her all excitedly yesterday, but she was not having it. She told me "YOU witch. Ruby Princess". LOL! I made sure to remind her that, actually, Mommy was the QUEEN and furthermore I was quite sure that wasn't going to fit me. Incidentally, this Mommy will not be dressing up to parade around the zoo. And as far as I know, my inner witch left the building along with last weeks's PMS. Ha ha!

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did she like Madagascar? B worked on that film! M's still not interested in watching full length animated films yet, though she gets a fair number of animation through her other videos like Clifford, etc.

R is such a cutie! We have one of those indoor playgrounds close by too, only it's for toddlers, not young kids so M doesn't like it b/c it's too boring and easy. Wish we had the one you pictured, it looks perfect!
christina

Maci Miller said...

How cool that he worked on it! Yea, we liked it Really cute and nice bits of adult humor thrown in here and there for us parents!

And yea, those indoor playgrounds are GREAT. Just opened one at our local mall and I am thrilled. Now we have somewhere to burn off energy on the cold cold days of winter!

Jessica said...

Man, look at her hand on that hip. Hilarious! But, you are in for some serious trouble. Miss Ruby knows she's got it! (and she DOES.)

Maci Miller said...

I know, Jess! As a toddler she is so easy. Went out to a seriously adult type dinner last night and she was an ANGEL. But as a teenager...well, that's another story. She DOES know she's got it and Mommy needs to keep that in check!

Mireille said...

Yeah that is the think I am dreading as well, my girls were and still are so sweet as toddlers and as young girls, but it can't be always like this, so teenage years I think I will be in for a difficult time, but so far so good, just as sweet as Ruby!!

Maci Miller said...

You never know though, Mireille...we are raising good kids. They might just surprise us! (LOL, let's hope so!)

Ellie said...

She is looking TOO big! Growing up so fast!