Friday, October 29, 2010

It's Good To Be The Princess

Or at least feel like it one once in awhile! This is one of a few costumes I have for Ruby to wear this Halloween. Unfortunately, it may or may not be worn this weekend since her fairy princess ensemble is the only one she wants to wear. I was hoping she'd wear this one to school today, but then it is so involved that I decided to make it easy and just send her tutu and wings in. It's also really chilly today! They have a school parade this morning...I can't wait to see all the littles all lined up in their costumes! Ruby's come home for a week now singing some pumpkin patch song and it is adorably cute!

But back to her royal highness...

I knew my friend, Mireille, was going to Thailand for a couple months and asked her if she could look for a Thai outfit or two for Ruby while there. I knew this particular friend to be very creative and have impeccable taste so I knew whatever she chose we would love. But THIS! It is beyond beautiful! (Mireille - you ROCK! Thank you so much for taking time to pick this up while on vacation!) 
A box arrived one day and I saw the SA post mark. I ripped it open gleefully and Ruby got all excited at seeing my excitement. In it two beautiful outfits. One is a pretty, red, traditional skirt and top and the other this ornate ensemble pictured above. Wish you could have seen her face when she got a glimpse of herself in the mirror. "Oooooooh!" she said. She even walked differently. Like a little princess. Mommy couldn't resist taking a zillion few pictures!
Sawadee-ka!
Top is two part with a silky tube tank and this gorgeous purple and gold brocade. The bottom part is a pant made of Thai silk. Has a gold shiny belt, but too big for Ruby right now. Think it and the whole outfit will easily fit her next year. It even came with all the stunning jewelry Ruby is wearing including big dangling earrings and crown. Ruby was THRILLED!
Being silly.
Admiring the beautiful Barbie that one of Mireille's sweet daughters got Ruby as a surprise. It even has a Thai outfit in the same color as hers. So sweet! Ruby absolutely LOVES it. One of her favorites!
So this may or may not be worn this weekend but it will be worn for one of the next Thai Holidays. Maybe Loy Krathong or next Songkran. Thanks again to my wonderful friend Mireille and daughter Juliet! Can't wait to see you again next summer!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!

Nichole and Craig said...

BEAUTIFUL. I love the outfit.

Mireille said...

She looks like she belongs in those outfits!! Haha she IS THE princess!! By the way, the belt I cut to make it fit my girls, you can easily do that and then sew it together by hand again, on the side of the simple clip. And since it is elastic you can still wear it a few years...

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Mireille! I will try to do that!

chaniemom said...

Love the Thai princess outfit!!! Penny wants another Thai dress. We're going to have to figure out how to get her one. She already has one, but one is not enough for a princess, is it?! Hugs to you and your princess!