Monday, November 1, 2010

The Many Looks of This Year's Halloween

Thursday: Fairy Princess for Little Gym Halloween Party
I think Rubes has a crush on her teacher. Look at that face! She followed him around a lot, batting her eyes at him and tugging on his costume.
Ruby and her BFF, Brie, as a lady bug. All the kids were just so cute in their costumes.
Loving on Daddy after a hayride and dinner Thursday night.
Friday: Abby Caddaby for school parade
 It got real cold on Friday so I made Ruby's fairy costume warmer with some layers. She really wanted to wear it again but Mommy was dying to update it a bit. So I added yarn to her pig tails and called her Abby Caddaby. She loved it. The parade was really cute. Almost all the girls in Ruby's class were a princess of some sort. Such a sweet little group. 
Each class did a Halloween song. All were adorable! Ruby's been singing the Pumpkin Patch song at home for weeks but on this day she was so excited she just smiled and watched everyone in awe. Too funny.
Ruby with one of her teachers and classmates.
A little impromptu costume we made at home. hahaha
Saturday: Thai Princesss for Harvest Day festival in our town.
This was my FAVORITE! It was very chilly so we bundled her up in layers. The fairy princess costume was dirty at this point so I got her excited about this one by telling her it looked like princess Jasmine. I even put some sparkly eye shadow on her and lip gloss. She was giddy and ended up really liking it. AND all the attention she got. Even though I know she was (is) a Thai Princess, everyone kept saying "Oh! Look at the little geisha!" LOL. Oh, well, we didn't care. I was just so thrilled she enjoyed wearing it. I guess the parasol made it look geisha?  Even though, actually, these umbrellas are used in many Asian countries. This one was made in China and I bought it at the festival that morning when I saw it matched. hee hee I am a sucker for a matching ensemble! But then, if you are a regular follower, you know that already. :-)
All the kids did a parade. She didn't win the contest, but she sure got our vote! 
Little princesses Ruby & Ava petting a princess doggie.
Looking much like the marti gras parader after the layers were off. 
Sunday: Snow White for Halloween trick or treating
This actually fits her better this year than last. Disney store had a big sale last week so I got her a new head band and wand. Wa la! Snow White was fun and new again!
Doing a little curtsey.
Alice in Wonderland and Snow having a little chat. LOVED Brie's outfit and so did SHE. (Her mommy hit the Disney Store sale too!) Brie didn't want to take it off for 2 days after her mom gave it to her. So cute! We are just having a ball with these girlie girls! Already planning Ruby's princess birthday bash for next year. Scored a gorgeous Jasmine Costume at Disney for only $19.99! Can I hear a woo-hoo for pre-holiday sales???
BFF's ready for trick or treating! We went to my friend Dawn's neighborhood since we don't get much action around here. It was a fun night and a fun weekend all around. But now- as they say - it's a wrap! Dress up fun will still be plentiful, but the running around (in the cold) will not. Now....what to do with all that candy????

HOPE YOUR HALLOWEEN WAS HAPPY, SAFE, & FUN!!!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

All of the costumes were adorable. But that Thai princess got me! (And the geisha comment made me giggle.) You need to enter Ruby in a Miss Loy Krathong pagent in that outfit.

We always pack up the extra hard Halloween candy and put it in our Operation Shoebox boxes.

I saw that designmom.com had an idea for leftover halloween candy, but I haven't read the post yet.

Wendy said...

Oh, where do I start??

First of all, that Thai princess costume? I have to have one for Lily! Where did you get it (apart from the obvious answer, Thailand!).

Second, Miss Rubby has good taste in men, 'cause her teacher is a little doll.

Third, the BFF is so precious.

Fourth, how many costumes did you buy? LOL!!!

Last, Ruby is ADORABLE in them all!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Jess - I am thinking of donating a good bit of it lest I eat too much of it myself! Can not have that much chocolate in the house! LOL. I didn't know there was a pageant for Loy Krathong, too. Will have to check into that!

Wendy - thanks! I'll check with Mireille and let you know. I got some cute outfits in Thailand at MBK (4th or 6th floor I think) but nothing like this one. Will get back to you!

As for all the costumes...what can I say? It was a long wait and I did a fair amount of retail therapy! I'm in girlie girl heaven over here! Actually, THIS YEAR I only bought the Thai ensemble and accessories.(Okay, and the whole Jasmine ensemble for next year, but come ON, it was a bargain! I HAD to do it!) The whole fairy princess outfit was assembled from gifts and things I already had. Snow White was her costume from last year.

Mireille said...

OMG! She has more outfits than anybody I know, and this family is pretty good at keeping up haha!! But it is so much fun when your little girl enjoys it as well.

I bought the outfits in the Chinese district in BKK, this outfit with the pants is only for smaller kids, when your child is bigger than 5-6 it turns into a skirt, the regular outfit you see, so for Lily it wouldn't look like this!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Geisha??? Really?? Iguess people don't pay attention to what geisha's wear!!! Hello just give this girl an elephant and she would be in Chiang Mai riding high with royalty!!!!!!

Love all of the costumes!!!!

She is beauty in every single one:)

Maci Miller said...

LOL, that's funny Jules. We live near a kind of small town and sadly, I don't think they even know where Thailand is. It was a real local-yocal event. Fun, but we don't hang around town often.

Maci Miller said...

Mireille I am betting you've got a fair share of costumes over there, too! I just can't help myself it, it's so much fun shopping for her! Thanks for the info on where you got it!

But, really ladies, it was really only 1 new one for this Halloween . The fairy princess outfit was made of 1 gifted tutu, wings & shoes from Easter, a headband my mom got her last year, and a Danskin leotard I found on sale for $1.99. Funny that the cheaper, thrown together ensemble was her fav!

Ellie said...

She's absolutely adorable!!! Love, Love, LOVE that Thai outfit!!! Gorgeous!!! I'll have to look for one for Lily when we go back! She should definitely have won the contest!!!