Wednesday, October 6, 2010

No Tears!

Well, for the first time in 2 weeks we had NO tears at school! She looked like she was welling up in the car but when it came time to go, she said hello to Miss Deb and goodbye to Mommy and off she went! Wow! It could have been the ice cream I promised her. Or it might have been how happy she was with her dress and boots today. It was picture day and I was thrilled to find this sweet outfit in the closet - a hand-me-down from a friend that was so worth the handing! (She did not have the jacket on for the shots, of course). Can't wait to see how her first school shots turn out!

As for the little miss, she was great all day. Sweet and in a happy mood. Guess I would be too if I ate a big old chocolate ice cream cone before lunch! We played in the yard a bit this afternoon and she took great delight in cleaning up sticks in the yard. (LOL, let's hope she finds it just as entertaining when it's time to pick up 8,001 walnuts next week!) Tonight I ran some errands and she stayed home with Jeff. I asked her if she wanted to come with me, but she wanted to stay home with Pa. It was so sweet how she hung onto her Daddy. The two of them were stuck like glue and having a ball. She climbs all over him and is silly as ever. It's so sweet. Jeff is a trouper, too, cause he hasn't been feeling well and just keeps going and going. Bet he'll sleep like a rock tonight!

Aside from the hubs bronchitis, it was a good day in this household. Lots of lovey time and no tears! So proud of our big girl!

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Can't wait to see her little picture day outfit! I'm certain she looked as darling as ever!! Poor Jeff!! Hopefully he's on the up-swing!