Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Little Christmas Party

Had a small gathering tonight for my brother, nephews, and two families we are close with. Such a nice time! The kids were so cute I just had to post some pics tonight.
Rubes being silly in my boots yesterday while I was cleaning and getting things ready.
Helping me make cookies. We made oatmeal walnut choc chip and peppermint shortbread. It was a very fattening day...but fun!
Lil miss tasting the batter...for like the tenth time. (Note the devilish grin). Truly, it couldn't be helped. That shortbread batter is seriously good.
Ava & Ruby eating together.
My nephew and brother sharing a laugh.
All the littles eager to open presents! They had so much fun together tonight. The boys with the boys and the girls with the girls. At one point they were all just running up and down the stairs. I went up to check on the girls and found this:
All 3 little girlies hiding in Ruby's princess bed with the curtain closed. So cute! This was the first time she's had friends over where they played in her room. It was so precious how they were sitting and playing in there that I called the other moms -my friends Dawn & Charlsey - to come up with their cameras, too!
3 little peas in a pod.

Yea, okay I posed them here, but the cute smiles were all their own. 
Ruby peaking out to make sure we were gone and the boys were staying out!
Afterwards the girls were on to dress up. We all cracked up when lil Snow White (which she really thinks she is) bit the red apple. Too funny and entirely too cute.
After hours of fun play, Ruby came over to me sweetly and said "May I watch movie please?" (First time she's used the phrase "May I"). I still melt over these simple little firsts. Anyway, as you can see, all the kids thought this was a good idea. Everyone was up way past their bed time but most are off school tomorrow and can sleep in. So they watched a movie and then it was time for our guests to head on home. Jeff took Ruby up while I cleaned up a few things. He got her teeth brushed and read her a book then met me in the hall to say she was waiting for me. I went right in but my sweet girl was already out cold.
A sign of a real good time I think.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!! She's such a doll, Jen! I love the pic of her sleeping :)

dawn said...

Wow, you weren't showing up in my feeder so I thought you were on a break. Couldn't have been more wrong!

Lots of wonderful things happening for you and your family. We are thrilled for you.

Ruby gets more beautiful by the day.

Happy Christmas.

Mireille said...

Merry Xmas to you and your beautiful family Jen!! Such a great pictures, and like Ellie I love the last picture... too adorable!!

Jessica said...

No dress up needed for your Ruby. She's a sleeping beauty in that last pic!