Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Dance Class

Well, we got up Saturday morning and headed to our first dance class at Kays Act 2. Really cute. Rubes was still a bit unsure about doing it without me and ran back to me a few times, but she had some fun, too. I think in a couple weeks she'll get used to it and be ok. If not, they have a Mommy & Me class we can switch to. She LOVES her new tap shoes and enjoyed that part a lot.
Turned around a lot to make sure I was still there!
Getting into tap at the bar
Getting some help from the teacher
Had to be bribed to go back up after another girl burst into tears and ran to her Mommy. Rubes didn't cry but ran to me, too, and didn't want to go back up. I promised her hot chocolate with marshmallows if she would be brave and give it a try. (Yes, resorting to all sorts of bribes now involving sugar.) Smart teacher let her lead the parade line and she got back into it.
 
Is there anything cuter than a bunch of littles in their leotards?

Here's a quick video of her learning her first tap steps:


I had a ball watching them but next week I will be out in the waiting area peaking through the blinds. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohhh, beautiful ballerina! I've been known to resort to a few sugar bribes myself. Good luck for next week.

Wendy said...

Why is your blog not updating on my blogroll? Go look at my blog. The last update I have from your blog is 5 weeks ago. This is driving me crazy!

Love the little tappers. Lily has been tapping for 4 years now, and she loves it. She's actually starting to get pretty good. It doesn't just sound like noise anymore!

Mireille said...

Oh the shoes are killing me, too cute!!