Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Favorite New Phrases

"I NEED..." - says this for just about everything now. Mommy I need juice.  Mommy I need TV. Oh my. And oh no you don't NEED it.
"I SAID" - afraid this one came from me. As in, Ruby, I said it's time for bed. Now the little bugger uses against me like "I said watch TV". Yea, sorry lil miss but that is just not working for me. Trying to undo that phrase is proving to be a challenge. Geez, I have to really watch what I say!
"PLEEEEEASE! TEENY TINY" with her head tilted to one side, eyes batting at me and her pointer finger and thumb gesturing something really small. I'm not sure where the teeny tiny part came from but it's so darn cute that it's difficult to say no when she says it! Oh yea. She's GOOD.
"WITH you!" - this is a sweet one, but I'm afraid we've had a little regression here. She is back to wanting to be with me every second, literally clinging to my leg or climbing up me like spider girl as I try to walk through the kitchen. The holiday break, snow days and being home sick for a week have put us back just a tiny bit. Still, she went to school on Monday like a big girl and didn't cry.

She also doesn't want to do things for herself as much since I have been taking care of her on the sick days. Like getting dressed, bathroom stuff, putting her own shoes on, etc. Maybe this is normal toddler stuff. I don't know. I go from cherishing this feeling as she won't be small forever...to wondering if I she should be more independent by now. Ah, well, not gonna over-think it this time. Like I said, she won't be this age for long so I am gonna soak up all the hugs and kisses and snuggles!

Another cute thing she says: "I can not see!" - to anything that is taller than her. She carries her little pink stool everywhere and puts it down and stands on it to see in the sink, out the door, on the counter, to reach the light switch, etc. It's kinda cute to see her finding a solution to her great delema. haha. She'll say "I can see now!"

Well, I better get off of here and figure out what we are gonna do all day. Snowed in AGAIN. Trying to embrace it and just admire the beauty of it from my window, but I was really looking forward to getting back to our routine this week - Ruby at school, me at gym, starting Little Gym, etc. I guess it's all gonna have to wait another day. For today is about snow play, crafts, and games. And probably a good old princess movie in there, too. :-)

UPDATE: I should add here that we are all finally feeling better! Thanks for the nice comments and emails!

Also, I thought of a few other cute things she says that I wanted to document:

"Let's try again!" - says this a million times a day and is phrase is used for playing something again to saying something silly again to swinging her around. Last week the doctor used the stethoscope to hear her chest and she said it to her. That was after she ran on her upon entering the room and said "My turn!" LOL. The whole time we were waiting she kept asking me if she would get a turn and if the Dr. would see her. So funny.

There's another one and now I can't think of it, dang it. Check back later for another update!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I was thinking about you when I heard all of the airports were snowed in and that Philly was one of them.

I love Ruby's "I can not see" phrase. It's so funny how literal their minds are. It ends up with some cute (and accurate) sayings.

We're learning to watch ourselves over here too. The other day I hit Matt in the arm playing around, Team went over there and started whaling on him. Oops! I had to go over and contritely apologize for hitting in hopes of undoing what I just did.

Maci Miller said...

Oh, that's so funny, Jess! I had the same thing happen here. Except Ruby was very protective of her Daddy and said "No Mommy! NO. HIT. MY. DADDY!"! I had to explain that there was patting and then there was hitting and Mommy was just patting. Whew!

John and Nancy said...

I feel your pain sister! We have been trying to undo "I told you..." As in, "See? I told you that already". At first we couldn't figure out where he got it from until one day at dinner I was describing something behind John and when he turned around and was equally amazed I said "I know, I told you!" Immediately clamping my hand over my mouth and Frank saying "Now I know! Mommy say it!". Still can't pronounce his name but that is crystal clear! Miss you Jen!

Maci Miller said...

LOL, Nance. Ruby's new one today that she came home from school with is: "What the heck??" Not thrilled but at least she said HECK!