Thursday, January 6, 2011

"S" Day

"S" for snow. "S" for sick. "S" for soup. "S" for snuggles. And "S" for silliness. We are all on antibiotics here. Ruby & Jeff are doing a lot better, but I, on the other hand, am still feeling pretty crappy. I stuck with the South Beach diet until the antibiotics made me both nauseous and dizzy. Then decided it was just not worth it at the moment and went ahead and had both juice and a few carbs in the form of noodles in my soup. Made two yummy, feel-good soups. One basic chicken noodle and one a recipe from South Beach - creamy broccoli. The broccoli one is actually quite good although I can't say I can clearly breathe or taste quite yet. Anyway, Ruby and I like it and it's good and healthy! We'll try it on Jeff tomorrow.

I have to say, for a "sick" week, we sure did have some fun around here! Got a lot of cleaning and laundry done, too. I just couldn't let this cold keep me down. We worked on the computer a few times on her ABC sounds and today we did her Thai DVD with the little girls dancing. It's so cute and she is learning the dance steps more and even singing along. Today she told me they were singing about sleep! I said, "can you understand what they are saying?" She said yes. I wonder how much, but I am so glad she still remembers some and can identify with it. I am loving how much more she is communicating too. She is not one to complain, but she is letting us know now when she is hot or cold and DEFINITELY voicing her opinion and wants/needs more. Had so much fun with my Rubes. I'm gonna miss her when she goes back to school next week!



A few of the week's activities...
A little fairy "face painting" by Mommy
A little art work
worked on tracing numbers
Arts & crafts by request by the little miss. On her quest to keep Christmas (and Christmas trees) alive and well in our house, she asked if we could make a tree craft. (The newest one is the green tree on red paper). I did finally get to take down our real tree. Rubes was ok with it after I told her I needed her help. She loves being Mommy's little helper!
We had a lot of snuggle time...
...and a little snow time.
Not enough snow for sledding or a snowman but enough to kick around and make her smile.
We sat by the fire Daddy made for us and I made her her first cup of hot chocolate...
complete with marshmallows on a chop stick
I don't know- do you think she liked it?
and the after effects...being silly with Daddy.


If your gonna be home sick, it sure is great to have people you love home with you!

4 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

oh K family feel better soon!!!

That soup looks GREAT!!!!

Mireille said...

Feel better soon!! Although my little Rubes looks pretty OK by now :-) She is too adorable!!

Maci Miller said...

A little better tonight! Thanks, friends! And yea, Rubes wears a cold far better than I. Little bug is still so sweet and pleasant whereas I can get rather cranky!

Jessica said...

Marshmallows on a chopstick. Now that's good thinking!

We've been passing germs around over here too. Maybe we need to put your broccoli soup to the test. Feel better and stay better!