Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday

Well, we actually ALL slept through the night Saturday AND Sunday and let me tell you it was a beautious thing, my friends! (Yes, I know that is not really a word but it is now!) Everyone woke up happy and relaxed with no particular place to go. We decided to take Ruby to the temple yesterday. It's been a couple months I think and she was excited to go. There's such a peace that comes over her after we go there. Like she knows it's okay to remember things about Thailand and that it's still part of her life.

We saw our good friend Rose. I really love her. So sweet and upbeat and fun to hang around. We ate some great food and caught up with others we knew and found out there is another adoptive family that has been coming. Hope to meet them on a future visit. We were there for HOURS and when we finally got back we just made a fire and snuggled and played in the living room the rest of the day - except to go out and eat and then go right back to the couch! We watched a movie with Ruby, then the Golden Globes for a bit. So nice to watch an adult program for a change! Ruby played with her dolls and we all had a great night. Did anyone else find the host (Ricky someone or other) to be super obnoxious and cutting? Geez! But besides that, I so adored all the fashion. I think Scarlett Johansons and Mila Jovovich's were my favorites.

Anyway, a very nice weekend here. Hope the same for all of you!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hurray for sleep! I never knew I'd covet it so much. When T isn't feeling well (and we seem to be battling a constant cold), he sleeps right on me. And if I move, he cries. It's really hard to sleep without moving!

So glad you got to go to the temple. T loves it there too. Really comes alive. The other day he was calling over the monks!

I'm not sure how much he remembers. But being there makes him extra happy. And that makes us all happy.

Mireille said...

We did the same this weekend, hang out in PJ's and just relax, sometimes that is needed!!

Wendy said...

Beauteous is absolutely a word! I use it all the time! It is particularly useful in describing our lovely Thai daughters, I think.

The host was Ricky Gervais. He is a very famous British comic. I think he's hilarious, but didn't see his schtick at the Globes.

Sleep is never a bad thing!