Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Snow Man

She's seen them on TV, in books, and on ornaments. We made them out of marshmallows. But she never saw (or made) a real one. We always either forgot or the snow was too light. Or coming down too heavy. Or something. Today when we got home from school, instead of rushing in for lunch, she lingered outside kicking around the snow. I was like, you wanna play? Even though the LAST thing on earth I wanted to do is hang out in the cold, I could see the look of glee in her eyes and couldn't resist. I quickly ran in and got gloves for us both, a hat for me, and tossed her backpack in the door. My kid needed to have some fun in the snow... so be it.

And you know what? It was fun. We kicked it around, tossed it a bit, then we made her first snowman.
Finding it hilarious to toss it at me.
Kissing her new icy BFF
Puckering up for another frosty kiss long b4 her face got down to his. haha.
Patting and admiring her new creation. So sweet.

3 comments:

Mireille said...

YEAH! first snowman! Many more to come :-)
Enjoy your weekend!

Wendy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I think we could have made about 9 million snowmen by now!

Jessica said...

First snowman, what fun! I love that she kissed him. Hopefully the only cold kiss she ever gets!