Friday, February 25, 2011

Passion for Pink!

...AND party planning! This is just one of the many inspiration pages I've been eyeballing. Getting ready for Ruby's birthday party has been such a joy! I really think I missed my calling. Just LOVE all the planning, love the details, love finding cute little things or interesting ideas. Been crafting, painting, shopping and making things like crazy. Completed her fairy box/playset and all 7 fairies. Even with my limited skills as a painter, I think it turned out super cute. I did a glittery little flower box, too, to present her my tiny little tea set I had as a child. Can't wait to see her face when she opens it! Oh, and I found an ADORABLE country cottage at Walmart for $24.50!!! Was looking for a fairy house of some sort but all the really cute wooden ones were super expensive. I have to repaint some of the furniture to match the rest of the fairy village, but it's really sweet and the price was unbeatable. Need to spray them all with a gloss coat yet then I'll post pics. For now, here is more drool-worthy party inspiration:
Now if I hadn't already chosen pink and white for the theme (and made stuff to go with said theme) I would have chosen this color palette above. Is this GORGEOUS or what? Love, love, love the mix of colors and all the creativity that went into it. But, alas, not this time. I will, however, steal some of their great ideas. Like the pink marshmallows and candy in glass jars and the paper flowers glued on the twigs idea. And MAYBE the toad stool cake...if someone else makes it. I'm ambitious, but not sure I want to be THAT ambitious!
This is more the color scheme I want...with loads of glitter and flowers.
Love all the white and pale pink.
The girls will all get a tutu the color of these pom pom balls. Everything here is from a gorgeous shop called Heart to Heart.
Pink marshmallows with hibiscus. Recipe here. Looks amazing, but I have 2 different pink marshmallow recipes to try. The other is more simple so I think I'll give that a go first.
Pink popcorn made with white chocolate.  See it  here.  Cute. Cute. Cute!
Beautiful fairy wreaths. I SO want to make these, but I'm on the fence. May be cheaper (and less labor intensive) to just get the fuzzy pink tiaras that come with the tutu set. 
Pink (white chocolate) covered strawberries...mmmm.
Fairy floss. Oh so pretty! A Persian treat called pashmak that is very much like cotton candy. Gotta have it!
Comes like this. Found a Persian grocer downtown and am going to see if I can get my hands on some.

Thinking of topping a cupcake like this:
Would love to try this yummy recipe, but not for the party. I asked Ruby what kind she would really like and she wants chocolate.  So chocolate it is! See foodbuzz for the fancy recipe.

So are ya hungry yet? My mouth was watering while looking up this stuff!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Chocolate - a girl after my own heart. Pink and chocolate popcorn, now that sounds delicious. I think I'd better start angling for an invite to this party!!

Maci Miller said...

You are welcome anytime, Jess! :-)

dawn said...

You have my address? I'll be waiting for the invitation cos everything looks so fabulous.

Maci Miller said...

Dawn: Come on up!