Saturday, February 26, 2011

More Party Planning

The RSVP's are coming in! So far, we have 6 + Ruby. Invited a dozen. I used Evite and did not do a personal, hand written invitation. It really went across the grain for me to do this. I SO wanted a beautiful fairy card with sprinkles of pink glitter inside. But the thing is this: I need to get a head count b4 the end of the month in order to get a tremendous deal on the tutus and wings from Princess Party To Go. Plus, I only have email addresses for all Ruby's school mates' parents. It was just easier. And time saving. Figure I have a lot of years yet to do fancy invites.

Booked the make-up artist who will do fairy princess face painting, body glitter, and fairy "tattoos". She is really great. I met her at our cousin Hannah's party (the kitty cat theme) and she did SUCH a great job. She sings and plays games with the girls and makes balloon animals. I got the craft part covered, too. I found wooden star wands at Michael's and Ruby & I painted them pale pink, purple, and green. Ok, I did most of them but she helped a little until bored. :-)  Anyway, I have markers for the girls to write their name, 3 colors of glitter glue, and lot of sticker gems to decorate their wand. I also have fairy foam stickers for another craft project. So. So. Excited. Already it is everything my lil fairy princess would dream of!

I found super cheap, 6" pink satin ribbon to tie back the chairs and make pretty drapey things here and there. Still need to get pink tulle and flowers, but there is time. This party is coming together nicely. Because this will be a girls only, small tea party, we are doing a big cook-out the next day for the family. Gonna be a great weekend!

Ruby saw me looking at the blog yesterday and wanted to see. I showed her the previous post and told her these are some of the ideas I had for her fairy party. She was so excited. "I LIKE pink!!!" Yes, I know, honey. We are gonna have lots of it! She saw the toad stool cake and said "OOOOOO! Look, Mommy! Toad stool!" I said do you like that? It's a cake! Well, she liked it even more after that so it looks like I may be attempting that after all. But, in pink, of course.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Best birthday party ever!

c & b said...

i wouldn't worry about the fancy invites, you can always make it up with fancy goodie bags or fancy thank you cards. Can't wait to hear all about it!
christina

Jessica said...

Good luck tackling that cake! What a fun idea the makeup artist is. Ohh, to be four again.

(Who am I kidding. I'd take a makeup artist now.)