Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family

The Cousins

Sitting here reflecting this morning on our wonderful weekend. We really had some great quality time with so many of our family members. Saturday we got up and headed to Ruby's dance class. It was very sweet. She really did a great job listening to the teacher this time and it's always a lot of fun for her. After class, we came home and packed up for our hometown. Got to Mom's by 2:30 and had a wonderful visit. So nice to see her spend time and I'm happy to report that her health is MUCH better and she is down at least 20 lbs! Woo hoo! Way to go, Mom!
Grandma and Ruby coloring at dinner

Sunday we went to my Great Uncle Jiggs' 90th birthday party. The whole Furjanic/Bosnjak side was there. 90! Can you imagine how much life this man has seen? How much change? Uncle Jiggs was my Grams brother and the similarities in both looks and sweet nature made me tear up thinking of her that day. Such a wonderful man. He's always had an easy smile and great sense of humor. Miraculously, he still has his wit, sunny disposition, and sense of humor all in tact. It was a pleasure seeing him and also socializing with all my cousins. Got to see my dad, my uncles and aunts and Rubes had a ball with her favorite cousin, Nina. A great, great time.
Ruby LOVES her cousin Michael. She was clinging to him and Uncle Jay a lot of the day.
Beautiful cousins Angie and her daughters Alessia & Antonina
The man of honor, Uncle Jiggs, being serenaded by our family's band.
I think he really enjoyed his day.
Nina and Ruby having fun.
The Brothers Furjanic: my Dad (Jim), Uncle Tom & Uncle Mike
Jeff, Jason, and my Dad
Me and my sweet Aunt Sophie
Me and the hubs

Spent the night with Jeff's parents Sunday night and his mom made us some warm beer bread and chilli. YUM. We watched the Oscars and snuggled in on a chilly, rainy night. A nice end to a nice long weekend.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Thank you so much for posting the party pictures, Jennifer! It makes me feel like I was actually there. I feel so bad I couldn't make it to the party. Jon and I were not feeling well at all and I didn't want to get Uncle Jiggy's sick. We are gonna try & take him to lunch as soon as we are both feeling better.

dawn said...

Wow 90, how faabulous that he is still able to enjoy himself.
Girly, you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of your family. Ruby is so beautiful.

Jessica said...

Wow, 90 is impressive. And, I love that your family threw a big shindig to celebrate.

PS - Love that black sweater your wearing. The cowl neck and big sleeves, oh my!

Maci Miller said...

Jess - my family are BIG on throwing shindigs. We have a huge crew and we know how to party! Thanks about the sweater, too. Jeff got me that for Christmas 2 years ago from Guess... he is ahead of his time. :-)

Maci Miller said...

And thanks Dawn & Liz!

Mireille said...

How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family!!