Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Good Day for Rubes

A little wink for the camera.
Posing with her tiny little mermaid doll and showing off her new sneakers. We drove practically to the end of the earth today (ok, only an hour away) to get the last pair of Barbie sneakers in the tri-state area. 
They are SO Ruby. Hot pink, lots of shimmer, Barbie's pic on the side, and they light up when she jumps. Ruby's dream shoe. I saw them and knew she'd go crazy for them. She did. She also tried to tell me they fit when they were clearly too tight. So we took them back and there were no big sizes left. Hence the field trip. The good news? They were only $15! Totally worth the drive and she smiled the whole way there and back. 
Next door was Target and we found these gorgeous sparklers for only $8! Add in some white ballet flats and gold gladiators - also on sale - a tan with white polka dot trench, and a few dresses and you could say we had ourselves one fab shopping trip! All this after school and Little Gym. She had a BALL at Little Gym today so I thought she'd be tired tonight. Nope. The lil miss was still giddy and all fired up.

Now b4 I show you the rest of the pics from today, I gotta back up a little bit. Yesterday, we got the sweetest package in the mail from my friend and fellow blogger, Jessica. Thoughtful Jess, sent a sweet card from her boy, a glow bracelet, and this awesome Chef's hat (below). Ruby is gaga for all things HAT. (Please note the big black Abraham Lincoln hat on the window sill in the second picture.) She made it at school and plays with it so often that I have had to glue and tape the heck out of it. So when THIS came in yesterday...well she was beyond happy.
Jumping up and down and being silly
Evidently, it doubles as a pirate hat, too, and spatula's are the newest in eye patch-wear.
Tonight we had a "make yourself a taco" night. A dinner that she called "yuk" at first glance was now a fun game and she gobbled up every bite. At one point Jeff said, "Look! Your a regular taco chef!" to which she replied "OH! Where my chef hat???" As you can see, she was pretty happy to pose in it. 
Was also quite proud of her messy creation.
She actually asked me to take one of her and Daddy together here. So sweet.

She was so silly tonight we were cracking up. I just had to post this video even though you will see my kitchen is a total mess. There is a big box in the middle of the floor housing my new Whirly Pop that has yet to be removed from the box. There are shopping bags all over the place from our shopping spree. Still, the video has to be seen for all it's utter spontaneous silliness. Without further adieu...
Untitled from Maci Miller on Vimeo.


Thank you, Jess, for such a sweet, sweet gift! I think she likes it a bit. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That does it, tomorrow when I cook, I'm gonna dance too. Then I won't feel guilty when I eat dessert! I think Ruby's on to something.

PS - What's a whirly pop?

Maci Miller said...

LOL! A whirly pop is the most fab movie style popcorn maker ever! Check back for my pink popcorn story. :-)

Mireille said...

The dancing chef, hey why not?? Contact the food channel... with a mom as a recording artist I can see this little one zoom right past you in the star business :-)