Thursday, April 21, 2011

Party Details

Table was pretty in pink! Decided on plastic table cloth and paper plates at the last minute since there would be a couple 2-1/2 year olds coming. Miniature pink roses were the centerpiece with mini tulle balls tossed here and there. Also scattered little fabric, tulle, and glittered butterflies all over the table and at the last minute sprinkled glitter all over the table (except on the plates and cups, of course). Rented 10 white chairs and dressed all with a 6 inch satin bow. Found a real porcelain tea cup set for kids for only $20 and used some from my own collection for Ruby and the bigger kids. Not a single cup was broken. The girls were all so dainty and careful. They all tried the pink tea, too!
The toad stool cake. Certainly wouldn't be in a bakery window, but my best one to date! I was real pleased and so was my little miss. "And NOW we eat cake?" was asked about 100 times b4 we actually got to it. When it was finally time, she inhaled both a cupcake and a piece of the cake and had a bit of a tummy ache. (Yea, I know, where is that sugar-nazi Mommy I used to be?)
My pink cupcakes were a hit. Pic is blurry but I found little candy butterflies to sprinkle here and there. They also loved the fairies. Many took the picks home with them! Too cute. On the 3 tiered server I had tea sandwiches for the kids. Butterfly shaped peanut butter and jelly, flower shaped turkey & cheese, and tulip shaped cucumber and cream cheese.
Made tulle curtains, bows, and balls to hang everywhere.
In the kitchen I had snacks of veggies, fruit, and pink popcorn. Lunch for the adults was also served in the kitchen. I had spinach quiche, salad, and sandwiches. Oh, and pink popcorn was worth all the hassle.   Everyone loved it! Bad thing: hard to stop eating it!
For the craft, we did the star wands. Plain wooden wands I got at Michael's (for like .25 cents each) that Ruby & painted. Then the kids put their name on it and added glitter glue and loads of sticker gems. Finished with curly ribbon.

Here are pics from party no. 2. Don't have many cause we were just so laid back that day I forgot.
Nephew Ryan and Rubes
Table set with Saturdays pink leftovers.
Ruby gets a super cute Jeep from my mom and Uncle Jay.
Got Fairy Secret Barbie and a really "dude" looking Ken doll with (Beiber hair) from my Dad. When did Ken get a make-over? He looks like he should be named Carson or Landon or something. It's just really hard to think of him as Ken with that hair, lol! But anyway, Ruby was engrossed with her new couple.
Special little fondant covered cupcake I made for Ruby so she had something to blow out again. The place card was a DIY from Chickabug on Etsy. I just printed them out, folded, and wrote each fairy princesses name on it.
Pretty happy to be sung to again. It was like the longest bday celebration ever!
Love this excitement. Would do it all again just to see her light up. In fact, I am already cooking up some good ideas for next year. :-)
And now I leave you will my collection of tulle balls. Are they just the girliest? 

Hoping to have the professional pics to show you soon so check back!





3 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Oh I think the cake turned PERFECT!!! Love the cupcake too you did for her!! I think everything looks perfect and you have given me such great ideas..... Now if you and rubes could come to H's party:)

Can't wait to see the prof pics!!

Ellie said...

QUITE the party you threw!!! You're gonna have to go HUGE in a few years to continue to out-do yourself! :) Beautiful, beautiful party. Love seeing all of the pretty little details. So wonderful to see Ruby enjoying every moment!

Jessica said...

It's really all too lovely. Like one big beautiful pink dream.

So impressed that not a single kid broke a tea cup! Just blown away by the whole thing.