Monday, April 18, 2011

A Very Fairy Weekend

WHAT a great weekend! So so much fun. Two Parties. Lots of food. Tons of sweet treats. Adorable little kiddos everywhere. One very happy (but TIRED) birthday girl. It rained like crazy on Saturday so no bounce house, but it sure didn't dampen our fun over here. I posted a lot of these on Face Book already, but will post some here, too. Don't mind my pics. They are blurry and I didn't get the cake shot with her blowing out the candles or any with Rubes and I together. It was just so busy and I knew that my friend, Sarah, was taking some so I didn't worry too much. Sarah is studying photography at Hallmark and just happened to ask me the week b4 the party if she could shoot Ruby. I was like "OH, do I have a photo op for you!" So excited that she agreed. God bless her, she was supposed to just pop over for a bit and ended up staying ALL DAY. I am DYING to see the pics!!! Anyway, here are mine to share...
Pre-party Ruby went up and put this dress up stuff on. It was so cute and she was all excited.
A little later we put on her official fairy costume for the day and she was even MORE excited.
Love this pose. She was so into it.
Loved the sweet halos with the trailing ribbon. Whole outfit from www.haloheaven.com and I can thank my dear pal Jules for the awesome recommendation!
Ruby and her friends. So sweet! This is just half of the group. They were the first ones there and we were lucky to get a group shot in b4 they were off having fun. It was like a photo shoot in there with all the moms clicking away their cameras like paparazzi!
Love this shot of Ruby, Ava, and another Ava doing crafts.
The star wand craft was a big hit. They were all bling-ed out with "jewels".
Party table

Face painting
Butterfly faces were everywhere.
Bff having a little cupcake icing.
Girlies enjoying butterfly cookies, flower sandwiches and pink tea.
Adorable little girls everywhere.
Pinata time! So funny cause these girls were so dainty that it didn't even have a dent in it after they all went twice! We ended up making tears with scissors and dumping it all over for them! Of all the many choices, Ruby fell in love with this horse. She was so cute in the store...walking it by the string (as if on a leash) saying "come on, horsey!" So to make it match more with the theme I made a pink paper saddle and put on some wings. Now it was a flying fairy horse!
One very tired party girl takes a brief nap in Grandma's arms.
With the kids gone, Mommy and Daddy were ready for their turn to party.
Cousin Kelly, myself, and my Mother in law, Larae having a nice glass of wine to celebrate a successful party.
Cousins Hannah and Ruby get a 2nd wind and have a ball together.
A very animated Ruby bouncing around at the end of the night.

Party details will be in the next post and hoping to have those professional looking shots from Sarah this week. For now, the fairy clean-up committee (ie: ME) is on a mission to get this place de-pinked and back in order.

5 comments:

dawn said...

My gosh, you should do party planning. Everything was so gorgeous, especially Ruby.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

stunning I tell ya!! I knew it would be AMAZING!!! The halo stuff looks great...ordering Hayden's stuff before the end of the month!

Looks like a blast was had by all of the pink fairies:) I hope Rubes had an amazing time and enjoyed every pink second!!!!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness. Looks like so much fun. What an afternoon to remember for everyone.

Fairy magic!

Jessica said...

Okay, just checking back to see if the other pics were up. I want to see more.

And, I have to tell you, your hair looks great!

Wyndee said...

Now THAT'S a party!!!! What fun and too cute!!!!