Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cloud Gazing

Tonight was so relaxing. We ate outside and it was such a nice night we didn't rush going in. While my sweet hubs carried in the plates for us, Ruby and I got comfy on a lounge chair. She climbed on first and said "Come on, Mommy! Let's relax". So cute. We just sat there together for a few minutes staring at the clouds...watching the beautiful evening all around us. We watched the wind blow through the trees. We watched the sky getting more orange and pink as sunset approached. And we watched the clouds as they formed all sorts of shapes and went rushing by. In a very casual way, I was talking to Ruby about nature and how God is part of all of it. "He's the wind in the trees, the heavens in the clouds..." I began. Ruby interrupted with: "God in the clouds? Were God?" Then I said, "well God actually MADE the clouds, Ruby. He made all of it." Her reply? "Who made God?" hehe. I told her no one made God and that He was just always here. She thought about this for a moment and then got all excited. "Oh look! I see him! See? Look at cloud! I see GOD'S NOSE!!!" followed by: "Bye, God! Bye! Hey! You come back here!...oh...Bye-Bye!" LOL, clearly I am gonna have to explain things a bit better. :-)

1 comment:

dawn said...

and once you figure out how to make it all make sense, can you explain it to Rosie too.
Love the dandelion story, so sweet