Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweetness

A few little things I had to write down so I won't forget. Really, I doubt I could, but how sweet is this:

The other night right b4 bed she said: "Mommy, you are my best, best, best friend!"  Not sure where that came from but it was so darn sweet. We also played dress up one day and I surprised her and dressed up too. I came out of the closet in one of my silk gowns made in Thailand and she gasped "Mommy, you look BEAUTIFUL!". No compliment will ever mean more than coming from my sweet little girl. Of course, I believe it was the red dress that was really wowing her! LOL! We had such a sweet time sipping our pretend tea and being silly.

She really chats up a storm now and it's so funny. I never know what is gonna come from her mouth. The other day when I was scolding her she said "Mommy calm down. You're not being patient". Uh-oh. The kid's got my number and already using my words against me!

She is growing like a weed. And she loves to weed, for that matter. Loves to be outside which is great cause we do, too. The other day we were weeding my herb garden and she said "Wait! We need flowers!" I explained that this was for herbs, but she disappeared behind me anyway to grab this stick. She carefully stuck it in the ground and twisted it until she had a small hole.
I continued weeding only to turn around and find this.
One lil dandelion transplanted into the middle of my herb garden. With all the pep and excitement in the world, she said "I found a FLOWER!" She said it all sing-songy as she was just so proud. Lol. Kids are too funny. I left it there until it dried out 2 days later and by then she forgot.  LOL, that was also the day I let her walk around with her shirt on backwards - ALL DAY - cause she was so darn proud at getting herself completely dressed that morning. I didn't have the heart to say anything. Was funny though and I forgot to get a picture!
Rubes in her new sunglasses from the Easter Bunny. (Mireille: note the sitting position). She is silly as ever, quite sassy, and rather fiesty these days. It's as if she KNOWS she is 4 now and needs to show off her ever growing independence. We never had the "Terrible Two's" - or even threes, for that matter - so I guess it's only natural that the "Fiesty Fours" have arrived on our door step. There have been some challenging mornings getting her dressed and more than a few time outs. Maybe they worked a little caused she's been my little sweetie today..and yesterday, too. Is it a short reprive or is my angel here to stay? Who knows! But for today I am soaking up the sweetness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Thank you for the email about the herbs and vitamins. I went yesterday and got everything. I think the "Fiesty Fours," is very appropriate name for this age. I love these new pictures of little Miss Ruby.

Jessica said...

Loving the sunglasses AND especially the fact that you let her keep her shirt on backwards.Way to foster independent spirit!

T spent forever and a day putting swimming trunks on OVER his jeans and Matt took him to the store like that. I found out about if afterwards, and I have to admit, I wouldn't have walked out the door with him like that. But I think it's good for them!

Mireille said...

Haha fiesty fours, great term!! It means she feels more comfortable and is able to show her personality more, love it!! Yes, the Thai genes are for sure in there, with her sitting like that!