Monday, May 23, 2011

Full Day

Such a fun day today. Field trip with Ruby's school to the NJ Aquarium. The place was a mad house. At least 15 school buses there and excited kids everywhere. Still, we managed to keep them all together and the whole bunch was so well behaved. Such good kids. I love her class.
Coral cuties: Ruby's classmates pose for a quick shot.
Touching the starfish.
Touching the stingrays. They had so much fun.
The highlight of the day was actually the hippos but it was too dark to get a decent shot. Ruby loves hippos and they didn't disappoint today. They were very active and showed off for the crowd. It was a fun, fun time but very exhausting. Ruby fell asleep in my lap on the bus ride back and we both laid down for an hour when we got home.
Rested, changed, and ready to go horse back riding late this afternoon.
Pee Wee Pony Time at a local farm. First all the kids gathered in the barn for a book read. An A-Z book about horses. After the book they learned where and what the horses eat and then it was time to ride.
Ruby riding her favorite horse, "Cookie". She's been talking about this horse for 2 weeks. Jeff took her to her first class while I was away then last week it rained. She was so excited to go today and was sure to tell me the horses names and which one she wanted to ride!
I love this happy proud face.

A fun day with my Rubes and an early bed time. Suspect she will sleep like a rock tonight. LOL, me, too. :-)


3 comments:

dawn said...

Ah ha, so glad to see you back again! Oh my gosh, you got yourself a horsey girl too huh? Good luck with that.

Missed you

Jessica said...

I still remember my horse back riding lessons as a kid. Good fun even if I was allergic and sneezed half the time.

I'm cracking up b/c does Ruby have a flower over her hard hat? That girl is stylish at all times!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Dawn! Yes, it has taken me some time to get back into my blogging but now I am making up for lost time!

Jess, that is a bow and I tried to take it out (and fix her helmet) and she had a cow. Some battles are just not worth fighting so I left it in. LOL.