Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day

The best "gifts" Mommy ever got. A sweet, sweet daughter and an awesome home made card.
Proudly displaying my flowers from Daddy and the card Ruby made at school.
Close-up of what it says. I'll have to ask them if they asked the kids what about their Mom makes them happy. So sweet.
Our late brunch held outside on such a beautiful day.
Me and my sweet pea. (Who is dressing herself more these days hence the red cowboy boots with rainbow tutu. haha)
Kissy kissy
Mommy, Ruby, and Grammy get together for a shot...
...and more kisses
Nice day for bouncing! Ruby loves her new bounce house. It was supposed to be for her bday but raining that day.
Grammy got in on the fun and the two were bouncing and having a good 'ole time. Really cute.
Sprinkling "pixie dust" on our fairy garden. My mother in law came with all the ingredients to make a sweet fairy garden. Twine for an arbor, a fairy house, some curry, moss, and the pot. I pulled some rosemary and thyme from my garden and a few pink flowers. We got pebbles to make a path and two of Rubies little fairies to put in it. Ruby was only mildly interested until it came to sprinkling the glitter. VERY interested in that!
...and the watering too. She loves to be a little helper in the garden and water everything.
Our finished fairy garden.

It was a nice relaxing day, even though I wasn't totally relaxed on the inside. Monday I left for my first business trip in a LONG while. Only 3 days but seemed forever. I'll write more about this in my next post. 

Missed seeing my Mom on Mother's day so went to our hometown this weekend. Such a great trip and wonderful visits with both my parents. It was my dad's birthday last week, too. So much more to write but many errands to run. More soon!

Hoping you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and a great week that followed!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Super impressed with Ruby's printing and your pretty table. Glad Mother's Day was happy. I have a watering helper too. Let's just say the concrete gets just as much water as the flowers.

Maci Miller said...

Actually, it is super TRACING, Jess. Still I am a proud momma! Too cute about the concrete. Yea, Rubes is a rather enthusiastic water-er too. Puddles everywhere. haha.