Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dance Recital Weekend

What a great show! Big kids, little kids...really great routines. We were seriously impressed. But, of course, there was one little group we loved the most. Yep. Those lil ballerina's in pink and purple! Rubes had no stage fright whatsoever. Me, I was all nerves. I even left her backstage b4 the show (with the other girls and an assigned mom, of course) so I could go watch it in the theater with Jeff. She did GREAT! So darn proud of her. We had a trial run on Thursday with the dress rehearsal so she knew what to do and knew I'd be back for her after her number. Was such a big girl and to my amazement, Rubes remembered a good bit of the dance and did so well. Above she is lined up with her class.
After the show I presented her with a tiny bouquet of pink roses. I think she really felt like a little princess tonight. All smiles and giggles and twirls.
Proud Mommy gets a shot with her lil ballerina.
Outside I tried to get a smile but she was soooo silly. Just wanted to ham it up and give me a wink. I said "Come on, Rubes, not a wink silly! Give me a big smile"
I got an even bigger wink with a smile. Cutie.
She paused then for a serious one...
Then back to silly again.
She just kept on posing so I kept on shooting!
Getting restless and practically hanging from the steps waiting for Daddy. Every time someone came out the door, she said "Your not my Daddy. Nope, not you. Nope, your not Daddy either."
And then there he was. All smiles.
Grammy, Pappy, Daddy, and Rubes
Changed out of her costume and excited about the big blue ball (art of some sort at the college) that happened to match her outfit.
This was after Sunday's show. I think she did even better today. Was so into it and smiled big. My mom was there today too and I'm so bummed we didn't take pics with her! Instead of rushing home (like Sat. night) we stayed and let Ruby watch the rest of the show. She was mesmerized.

We headed back to the house and were met by my bro and nephew. We ate, the kids played, and we had a special ballerina cake I made for Ruby. Very last minute and sloppy but if you squint it kinda looks like ballet slippers, right?
Ok, it's A LOT sloppy, but the kids sure liked it!
A fun, festive weekend!

Now we are off to the beach! 4 nights with my friend, Mireille and her girls at her beach house, then an additional 4 or 5 days with Jeff's family at their beach house, with a trip back home in the middle for Ruby CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY! Woo hoo! Been waiting for that FOREVER and we just got invited to a special children's citizenship ceremony at the Betsy Ross House in Philadelphia on the 4th of July! How cool is that? It will be a bit of running back and forth, but so worth it. Will try to post on the 3rd or 4th when home b4 we head back to the beach. 

Until then (or just in case) enjoy what's left of June and Happy almost 4 of July!
(Is it me or did June fly by really fast?)

4 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

darling!!! so glad the dance went well. Can't wait for H to take dance.

WE are off to the beach on Thursday for a week. Can't wait!! cooler temps.

Jealous of your citzenship ceremony...how COOL!!!!

Happy 4th to to of my most favorite gals!!

Wyndee said...

Oh my gosh---- cute cute cute!!!

Jessica said...

What fun! And what a beautiful ballerina. It's taken me until adulthood to learn to wink, so I'm impressed with Miss Ruby's wicked winking skills.

Can't wait to hear about the citizenship ceremony. What a special 4th of July.

Ellie said...

CONGRATS on the Citizenship ceremony!!!! Yay!!! And, what a BEAUTIFUL balerina you have!!! She looked gorgeous, and I'm sure she did a wonderful job, too!!! Some of her expressions in the photos remind me of Lily's expressions. I can't wait to meet her in person someday :)