Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dear Ruby: You Win


We just had the most hilarious hour with Rubes. Jeff, Ruby, & I played 3 board games. First a princess game and then Candy Lane. She won them both. Fair and square! After the 1st two, we pulled out Chutes & Ladders. It's so cute cause she really gets games now and they hold her attention. At one point I was so sure I was going to win. I was very near the top and Jeff and Rubes were way down near the bottom. I made the grave error of saying "uh-oh! Looks like Mommy is gonna win this one!" which led to "NO! I WIN!!!" and full tears. We had to stifle our laughs and explain that while the game wasn't over yet, you can't ALWAYS win. Well she quickly calmed down and proved us wrong. Sure enough, we continued the game and Mom hit a slide, Ruby hit a ladder and Ruby won again.

As we were putting everything back in the box Ruby grabbed an instruction sheet and pretended to "read" it out loud. "Dear Ruby. You WIN". LOL. And so she did. Good thing she doesn't gloat or anything. :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Go Ruby!

I'm impressed Ruby's into games now. I made T a memory game for his birthday with our pictures on it. He gets a bigger kick out of looking at himself than he does making a match!