Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little Things That Bring Big Smiles

Butterflies and flowers. Sunshine. Being outside in the garden. When I am having a bad day being outside in the sun is like a soothing balm. Flowers are blooming now and the yard looks colorful again. Fresh herbs and veggies are growing in the garden. Sweet little birds are finding their way to our bird feeder and, yes, our butterflies are hatching! This week we saw 7 beautiful butterflies emerge from their chrysalis. Such a cool experiment. I'm so glad we did this. Ruby has really enjoyed it and so have I.
So excited to see them flying around.
This face is priceless.
All excited to go pick snap peas.
Fresh yummies from our neighbors garden. Snap peas, scallions, arugula, and flowers for the butterflies.
My favorite new plant. Ain't she a beauty?
Setting some butterflies free. Ruby was all concerned that one of the butterflies were sick cause he was "bleeding". I have to admit it's rather gross and blood-looking when they drip wing dye down the side of the net, but I assured her they were all okay. Glad someone told me cause I would have thought the same thing!
A few of our little lovelies.
Climbing to the top. Come on guys...you can do it!
They made it!

Another thing that brings smiles: watching your daughter fall in love...
with a horse. 
Oh yea, she is smitten. There's a new pony at the farm. His name his Prince. So long Cookie!
He's a sweet horse and just beautiful. But if you ask me I think Ruby likes him cause he looks like all the Barbie horses. Okay, minus the pink hair. She was just loving her time riding him. Had that day dreamy look on her face the whole time.
After the riding they treated the kids to small hay ride.
A nice time with my sweet pea.
Today I thank God for smiles big and small and the little girl who lights up my every day.

3 comments:

Mireille said...

How cool is that butterfly garden!! I love it!! JJ and Jezz are a bit scared to ride horses... so high up. Can't wait to see you soon!!

Jessica said...

I've never seen anyone so excited to go pick snap peas! Adorable.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

okay so our catapillers have made their cacoon and I have put them in the pop up garden.....so we are watching anxiously for them to start becoming butterflies....I think H is going to be amazed. Thank you for sharing the link it has been so neat to watch this process. I think we will do the ladybugs next:)

Glad summer is going well and you girls are having fun!!!